Bruce C
Well, I hope I believe this guy.....

Attachments

• SpiritoKen.wmv
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
Bruce:

Trust them.

As far as you can throw them.

They're saying that, in a hangar at the airport- what in God's name are they saying when talking to the marginally-bathed masses?

This is the last large tract of undeveloped land on the North side of the city. That's why the background music is Glen Miller.

I've been wondering if a land developer is behind this $80,000 "study" and discussion. The excuse is, well we need to develop the passenger terminal at the BIG airport. And from where are they going to get the 50 million dollars? Stay tuned.

Any federal grant money in it? What's timing on grant obligations?

I was going to say talk to your AOPA Airport Support Network Volunteer, but 3MY doesn't have one! I'd say you could do it, but Susan would kill me for taking up more of your time! :)

There are 2 things in conversation that will make me not trust some one.
1."Trust Me" which is like saying,I can tell you don't trust me because of my actions, So Trust me because I say you should.
2."Give Me some Credit" This is saying I can see your not as dumb as I thought you would be and I can tell you are seeing through me. So I will try to convince you that I am not trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

I would not believe a word this man says.

I would ask for the AOPA's Help.

Keep us posted.

Bruce,

From my experience:

1) Don't look for help from the AOPA. They're TOF in almost every situation.
2) If you've received matching grants and have a grant assurance with the FAA, you might be able to get help from them. The FAA was our biggest asset during the city's attempt to sell the airport.
3) Follow the money. You have a right to find out how the study is being funded. FOI. If you find that a developer is after the land you need to hunker down for a long fight.
4) Prepare for a PR campaign, and prepare to fight dirty. I can promise you the developers will be doing the same.

There are 2 things in conversation that will make me not trust some one.
1."Trust Me" which is like saying,I can tell you don't trust me because of my actions, So Trust me because I say you should.
2."Give Me some Credit" This is saying I can see your not as dumb as I thought you would be and I can tell you are seeing through me. So I will try to convince you that I am not trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

I would not believe a word this man says.

I would ask for the AOPA's Help.

Keep us posted.

It's like the classic Hollywood, "Love it (you)!" ..."Mean that!" where both statements are lies - especially the second. I suppose the first got to be such a standard cliche they added the second.

Back