My flying has gone to the dogs

Mopauly

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Paul Steklenski
From my latest flight using a new 360 degree camera. If you pan around to the left side of the instrument panel, you can just see the stall warning go off as the mains set down.

Last edited:
whadya got, some type of piper-ish product? cute lookin doggies. pretty sure your copilot gave you a "you call this 'lined up on the centerline'?" look.

I have one that stays in the back and sleeps, and another who feels obligated to sit up front and "help" fly the airplane.

whadya got, some type of piper-ish product? cute lookin doggies. pretty sure your copilot gave you a "you call this 'lined up on the centerline'?" look.

it's a rental Piper Arrow; I'm about $20k raised as the non profit towards our own dedicated aircraft; optimal plane would be an older Cessna 206.

Is your medical a special issuance because of your congenital long arm disease? :)

I just realized on my iPhone the video doesn't play right in the browser, try going to the YouTube link instead - you should be able to rotate 360 degrees and see everything

Not to hijack the thread but to "ride along" with it...

What kind of restraint do you use for the dog? I originally thought I would use a crate but am thinking she could ride on the back seat or floor of a Piper Saratoga.

Thanks!!!

I'm more interested in what kind of camera or software you used and how you mounted it.... Can you share details?

I love this! That dog is surprisingly content sitting in the copilot seat. He looks to get a little more interested on short final:)

Not to hijack the thread but to "ride along" with it...

What kind of restraint do you use for the dog? I originally thought I would use a crate but am thinking she could ride on the back seat or floor of a Piper Saratoga.

Thanks!!!

It depends on the mission and the animals; puppies are always crated. You can purchase specific restraints that can clip onto the dogs harness and into a seatbelt receptacle. On high density flights I usually crate to maximize transport (I've had up to 23 pups in an Archer). Smaller flights like this, with only 5 pups, I tend to let them be loose as long as all behaviors are vetted ahead of time.

I'm more interested in what kind of camera or software you used and how you mounted it.... Can you share details?

Camera is a 360fly

It is clear have you an intelligent passenger sitting next to you, curious and trying to make sense of what is going on out that window. I can imagine him thinking , I'm supposed to be up here ?

Cheers

Ages ago I took my dog up in my Luscombe. He did fine taxiing out (loved riding in a car) when I got to about 100 ft he looked out and dived down by the rudder pedals. Scared the crap out of me. :)

Back