My Flight Training

cool, planning on going on to commercial/CFI and then eventually ATP?

Possibly. But I want to get comfortable flying single engine stuff first. I already promised my friends in Macon, GA; I would fly out there as soon as I got rated.

cool, planning on going on to commercial/CFI and then eventually ATP?

Possibly. But I want to get comfortable flying single engine stuff first. I already promised my friends in Macon, GA; I would fly out there as soon as I got rated.

You can do all that stuff that Tony mentions without ever getting into a multi-engine a/c BTW. But take your time and get comfortable.

Cool on the trip to Macon, if I am not mistaken that trip, along with one stop on the way and solo, would qualify for the long XC for your Commercial rating.

Are there other schools nearby that you can get your Single Engine cheaper? Seems like 10k is really high for getting into flying, unless you are serious about going commercial or something.

Are there other schools nearby that you can get your Single Engine cheaper? Seems like 10k is really high for getting into flying, unless you are serious about going commercial or something.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
$10K for PPL, in an old C152, and in Texas no less?
$5-6K max, anywhere in the USA, regardless of where you're going with the PP rating or subsiquent ratings.

It's actually not that bad of a price. It's $8900, and includes 85 hours in their 172s (they don't own any 152s), housing, all your charts and books, and the cost of the written exam. I went to ATP, too, albeit I had my PPL before I started, so I went only for my IR (and subsequent tickets) in the Seminole, but their prices are pretty fair in the end. I will say, though, that the Phoenix location is MUCH better than any of their Texas locations! :)

Back