My first solo in a light aircraft

sabrina444

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
sabrina444
This is a video of me going solo after a short check flight with my instructor, which was filmed and edited by my dad. I went solo after 10hrs of powered training and 30 hours of gliding. Just like when I went solo in a glider, it was an incredible experience to have and I'm sure I'll be doing it for some time! Could someone help me embed the video in a reply post, I just can't figure it out
wink2.gif

Welcome to POA! Your sailplane time certainly shows in your stick skills, you have a smooth touch and a good sense of timing. Congratulations!!!! (I think you can simply copy/paste the link into any reply.)

Us glider kids just cant get enough huh?

Welcome to POA, and its good to see more of my fellow teenagers in the air.

Congratulations, Sabrina! Welcome to the incredible and amazing order or Aviators, and welcome to PoA.

The linking thing is, I believe, related to being a new poster. After you've posted a few more, a lot of posting restrictions are lifted (this is to avoid spam bots).

Let's see if this works...

See codes:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

Congrats! What type of plane? Bet it's a bit easier with a few HP's up front.

Nice video and congratulations, Sabrina! Where is that?

Looks like a Valor/Foxbat. That's what I solo'd in, but ours had yokes instead of a stick. Fun little plane though!

Congrats! I saw your glider video too--very cool! Gliding is definitely something I need to try.

It's always nice to see more young people getting involved :). I know one other guy my age (19) personally who's a pilot. There are a few on here, though so stick around!

Welcome to POA! Your sailplane time certainly shows in your stick skills, you have a smooth touch and a good sense of timing. Congratulations!!!! (I think you can simply copy/paste the link into any reply.)
Yes, she is definitely just flying the wing... good strong foundation, there.
I often wish I had 1) started flying when I was that age and 2) started in gliders. No reason you can't build a good foundation flying power, but with gliders, you have to. And there's enough checklists, traffic, airspace and airport concerns, etc. with gliders to really help when pursuing a power rating.

Congrats, Sabrina... I think I saw a big smile when you made that first (very nice)solo landing. ;)
But I hope you won't forget about soaring!! ;) :D

Very cool. I know for a fact that I didn't look that calm and relaxed during my first solo.

You do a good job of not throwing the stick around while in the flare or anything...small, smooth inputs. Ive seen many people with hundreds of hours that drive the yoke/stick all over the place with no real need.

Thank you for all the support and wonderful comments! Feel free to share the video around through Facebook and email to inspire other young kids to learn to fly.

Gliding has definitely helped to form my stick and rudder skills over the years, and I still like to keep current every few weeks.

Congrats and nice flying! Keep pursuing the ASEL add-on! I come from the same background and am just about ready to go for the next checkride. Let me know if you have any questions about the transition, endorsements, etc. :)

Great job. Your glider training must have help a lot. You looked very comfortable.

Back