My Experience with current timing on HIMS Renewals

R

RyanJ1

Hey all -

Just wanted to share my experience with current HIMS renewal turnaround times. I have a pretty straightforward case (relatively speaking) that requires I see my AME twice a year for a quick check-in. My AME unfortunately cannot issue, so they have to write a report and it goes to the FAA for review.

My HIMS AME submitted my paperwork in November or December 2023 (unsure of exact timing, unfortunately), and I received my renewed Class 3 medical towards the end of March 2024. So, about 4 months all-in-all. The FAA didn't require any additional information from me in this process.

Hopefully this helps someone who is checking this forum looking for information on turnaround times.

Alcohol authorizations don't have this issue. So its' a different HIMS turnaround.
These (usually depression/anxiety etc SIs) generally are so cumbersome that the HIMS AME calling the review officer in the psychiatry division is the order of the day, to prevent a "downing".

I insist that the assessments are uploaded to the AMCD no earier than 90 days pfior to expiration and no less than 75 days prior to downing. I call that the agnecy "MFAT" time.

I have bene able to keep my guys up uninterrupted but it is WORK....

Last edited:
Back