My dog might be drunk...

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
I poured a glass of wine for the husband...he drinks it out of a rocks glass. He sets it on the end table while doing other stuff. Half hour later, he asked me how full the glass was since he thought it had "shrunk". I agreed that it was less than I poured, and asked if his brain was addled, and he forgot he took a drink. :loco: He swears he didn't.

I examined the glass, found no lip marks from the husband, but also no splash marks in the vincinity if a dog tongue had been in the glass. Hmmmmm.... :dunno: Husband swears the dog is drunk, he seems his normal goofy self to me.

He's 46#, and maybe had an ounce or a touch more of wine. He should be okay, right?

Last edited:
I poured a glass of wine for the husband...he drinks it out of a rocks glass. He set is on the end table while doing other stuff. Half hour later, he asked me how full the glass was since he thought it had "shrunk". I agreed that it was less than I poured, and asked if his brain was addled, and he forgot he took a drink. :loco: He swears he didn't.

I examined the glass, found no lip marks from the husband, but also no splash marks in the vincinity if a dog tongue had been in the glass. Hmmmmm.... :dunno: Husband swears the dog is drunk, he seems his normal goofy self to me.

He's 46#, and maybe had an ounce or a touch more of wine. He should be okay, right?
Won't hurt him one bit. My dog can knock out at least two bottles before he stumbles, but he is pushing 80 lbs.

What did he have for dinner? I would hate to think he did not do a good paring. :rofl:

Have you planned an intervention? :confused:

;)

Your dog should be fine; figure that on a per-weight basis it's equal to 4 ounces for a 184 pound man. As long as he isn't drooling or staggering (the dog, that is) he should be OK. I had a neighbor's dog who would drink whiskey from your glass if you weren't careful; he made it to a ripe old age.

What did he have for dinner? I would hate to think he did not do a good paring. :rofl:

Have you planned an intervention? :confused:

;)

It was a Cab, and he had Bison for dinner...I think that works. :D

It was a Cab, and he had Bison for dinner...I think that works. :D

Whew! I thought I would have to call the wine police! ;)

Now all you have to do is worry about someone turning you in for animal cruelty. :rofl:

It's an old Buddy Hackett joke.

A guy has a talking dog, and gives him a 20 and sends him out for cigarettes. An hour goes by and the dog isn't home yet. The guy gets worried and goes looking for his dog. He finds his dog in an alley, having his way with a poodle.

The guy says, "What are you doing! I sent you out for cigarettes an hour ago!!!"

The dog says, "Yeah, I know, but I never had 20 dollars before!"

It's an old Buddy Hackett joke.

A guy has a talking dog, and gives him a 20 and sends him out for cigarettes. An hour goes by and the dog isn't home yet. The guy gets worried and goes looking for his dog. He finds his dog in an alley, having his way with a poodle.

The guy says, "What are you doing! I sent you out for cigarettes an hour ago!!!"

The dog says, "Yeah, I know, but I never had 20 dollars before!"

Well? Did the dog get the cigs? :rofl:

VeterinaryPartner has proven to be a very accurate site for pet owners seeking animal health info.

The National Animal Poison Control Center and the ASPCA both have fee-based hotlines for animal poisoning questions.

Although in this case I agree that an-otherwise healthy (no subclinical liver disease especially) 46lb-dog would most likely survive 1oz of wine without problem, I caution about the general idea of comparing human tolerance for drugs to that of animals. One thing you might hear the profession frequently exhort is, "Animals are not small people!". They have different enzyme systems, and metabolic capabilities.
I have seen several animals seriously injured from this comparison, (including a well-meaning MD), so please be careful about that.

Back