my Dad on the news about the airplane that crashed into the supermarket

Incredible that nobody died.

That's really cool. He did a nice job. The reporters must have said "experimental" about thirty times. I was glad to see your Dad address that a bit. To the general public, I guess experimental means "dangerous", and therefore the term garners additional sensationalism.

That's really cool. He did a nice job. The reporters must have said "experimental" about thirty times. I was glad to see your Dad address that a bit. To the general public, I guess experimental means "dangerous", and therefore the term garners additional sensationalism.

Yeah, I noticed that...and how they panned the camera over to the "experimental" written on the doorstep and stayed there for a while. I'm sure you could find some experimentals built better than some factory built airplanes...

Yeah, I noticed that...and how they panned the camera over to the "experimental" written on the doorstep and stayed there for a while. I'm sure you could find some experimentals built better than some factory built airplanes...

NEVER, you mean some amateur hack in his garage could build a plane equal in quality to a factory built masterpiece, like the all new Cessna Skycatcher? :rolleyes:NEVER!:D

I didn't follow this story much, but I didn't think about the 175 employees without jobs / moving to other stores. Had no idea it was one giant store.

Your dad and his plane are awesome!

NEVER, you mean some amateur hack in his garage could build a plane equal in quality to a factory built masterpiece, like the all new Cessna Skycatcher? :rolleyes:NEVER!:D

My Dad spent eight years building that airplane in his hangar. He has an engineering background, and has built other things, and he is incredibly meticulous. He now has a reputation as a fiberglass builder, and he even does some fiberglass work now for race car people in Daytona.

It's a fun airplane to fly.

That has to be one of the best, most un-hysterical news reports I've seen on an aviation accident. Kudos to your dad for giving them good information, and kudos to the reporters for actually listening to what he said.

A coherent, professional news story about an airplane crash interviewing someone who is very knowledgeable on the subject? I wish we had a news station like that here. You're dad has a really cool bird.

I got a local TV crew that stuck a camera at me when we had an incident where some drunks managed to fire up a King Air and taxi it into four or five other aircraft. I guess I sounded too sarcastic when they asked why the control tower didn't see it happen. I pointed out that based on the large number of beer cans on the scene that it happened after the bars closed and the tower closes at 11. They didn't put it on the air (though they did put old man Colgan on saying that he suspected an inside job because "These things aren't that easy to start, unless you know how, then they're easy." Duh...I've never flown a King Air, but I can bet there's instructions in the cockpit somewhere ....

Back