My current aviation project...

cleared4theoption

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy
I am constantly looking for ways to keep my mind active in aviation until I can start flying again. So here is the idea: Since my long term goal is to get my CFI, and my own airplane, and instruct free-lance on the side...and one of the things you have to do (along with many other things) to get your CFI ticket is to create your own sample training syllabus, I am going to do one just for fun...not only will it give me a leg up on eventually becomming a CFI, it will help me in the short term having a better idea about what is expected of me as a student pilot, and get me even more familiarized with the regs and the PTS etc..

What do you think?

Sure, why not. Then you can post it here and have it critiqued. :yikes:

I think you have a weird idea of fun. Then again, that's been said about yours truly more than once.

Here it is... this is very rough and was based solely on a combination of the regs per the FAR, my own ideas of a proper training flow(build on concepts) and the experiences I had in my 20 hours I have logged...

Be gentle:redface:

And the PTS

Attachments

• Training Syllabus.docx
    14.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Here it is... this is very rough and was based solely on a combination of the regs per the FAR, my own ideas of a proper training flow(build on concepts) and the experiences I had in my 20 hours I have logged...

Be gentle:redface:

And the PTS
Wow...I figured it would've been ripped to shreds
...no comments?

...and one of the things you have to do (along with many other things) to get your CFI ticket is to create your own sample training syllabus,

Actually, that's not a requirement, as you can use any number of commercially available products, and many instructors don't use them at all. You are required to demonstrate your ability to make a lesson plan and then teach it, but often that's something that the examiner will give to you at the time. "Make a lesson plan for me on constant speed propellers. I'll be back in 30 minutes, and then you can teach it to me."

Your lesson plans are a good start, but will require completion standards and more detail. You can get an idea of what's required by reviewing other lesson plans and instruction handbooks.

Bridgette Doremire and Gene Hudson released a couple of books of lesson plans two years ago that are some of the best on the market, and excellent reviews to see what you need to do.

Actually, that's not a requirement, as you can use any number of commercially available products, and many instructors don't use them at all. You are required to demonstrate your ability to make a lesson plan and then teach it, but often that's something that the examiner will give to you at the time. "Make a lesson plan for me on constant speed propellers. I'll be back in 30 minutes, and then you can teach it to me."

Your lesson plans are a good start, but will require completion standards and more detail. You can get an idea of what's required by reviewing other lesson plans and instruction handbooks.

Bridgette Doremire and Gene Hudson released a couple of books of lesson plans two years ago that are some of the best on the market, and excellent reviews to see what you need to do.
Cool, thanks for the info

I really like a lot of the info! Your going to be a great instructor!

Me personally, How I learned all the rules and regs was by flying with my CFI, The only home study I did was written test prep, but thats just me.

Back