My CFI checkride

iRyan

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Hi gang,

Well I finally got to take my flight portion of my test yesterday. It was the last day to do it as we couldnt get a warm and clear enough day to do the flight portion in 60 days that worked for us both. I have been traveling a lot with my wife to care for her sister (stage 4 cancer). So the wx finally cooperated yesterday and we go fly. Everything is going well with the test and I am actually having a fun time when the alternator quits. I thought it might be part of be test so I go over the checklist and try to see what happened but no luk. Yup. Dead. So with only landings to do we had to discontinue the test. So I am out of time and I gotta redo the whole thing. I was disappointed after flying for 2 hours and bein so close. Oh well, it could be worse. Once the plane is up we will do it again. Stay tuned. I am afraid to see what the next flight will bring :)

That really stinks! But, you've come this far...don't give up, just get 'er done!

Not good ,you must be frustrated. Good luck on the retest.

Poor Guy. You'll be a CFI soon enough and dealing with a bunch of crappy students trying to kill you.

Back