My Cat Got a Check in the Mail.....

pookies

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
pookies
Since he doesn't have a positive I.D. to cash it, would he just endorse it to me or Jesse and then cash it through our bank?

look up the lyrics or or actual song on YouTube for "The Credit Card Song" by Dick Feller.

Sorta applies in situations like this.

How much was the check and from what entity? (source type is okay if you don't wish to reveal the name)

I don't know but according to the Justice department he ought to be able to vote.

Since he doesn't have a positive I.D. to cash it, would he just endorse it to me or Jesse and then cash it through our bank?

From what I recall of my negotiable instruments class, if it's not made payable to an identifiable human, it is bearer paper and can be cashed by anyone.

It should be able to be cashed by anyone, but good luck finding a banker that's not too stupid to understand the laws of a check to do it (for example, try depositing a check written on a cocktail napkin. Perfectly legal).

I would, instead, have your cat sign the check over to you ("Pay to the order of Pookies" on the back below the cat's endorsement). Then you can deposit the check or cash it.

That's a clever idea. I might have to start doing that for Rebates.

However if you make up a name for rebates and such don't be surprised when no one wants to cash it for you.

It should be able to be cashed by anyone, but good luck finding a banker that's not too stupid to understand the laws of a check to do it (for example, try depositing a check written on a cocktail napkin. Perfectly legal).

Just write "for deposit only" on it and stuff it in the ATM (they're really stupid)

Back