My Boy, the Poet

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Going through Tommy's 6-week folders, came across the following, in the unit of his English class on poetry:

Abrams
It is awesome
Powerful, freedom, tank
Saves lives many awesome times
Diesel!

(picture of an Abrams underneath)

The boy likes Military Channel. What can I say?

Don't even get him started on the B-52- or his most favorite, the B-36.

Smart boy! Gonna be just like his daddy someday!

gotta regular Bill Shakespeare there Spike.

Smart boy! Gonna be just like his daddy someday!
A barrister??? Say it ain't so! :)

That's a neat little poem some striking points.

Spike, what's his endeavor in life? I'm betting there may be a checkride on his seventeenth birthday.

A barrister??? Say it ain't so! :)

That's a neat little poem some striking points.

Spike, what's his endeavor in life? I'm betting there may be a checkride on his seventeenth birthday.

Well, he is well-aware that he can take glider lessons now, and can solo when he's 14, and we are planning to visit the TSA Gliderport (which must be glider heaven, although they gave me permission to land the Bo there). They have great youth programs, a fundamental component of which is the mandatory participation by the youth in club service.

And he says he wants to go to the USAFA and fly B52s (really!).

You just never know...

Well, he is well-aware that he can take glider lessons now, and can solo when he's 14, and we are planning to visit the TSA Gliderport (which must be glider heaven, although they gave me permission to land the Bo there). They have great youth programs, a fundamental component of which is the mandatory participation by the youth in club service.

You just never know...

Good on him. Looks like ya got an Air Force cadet in the house.
I hope to da heavens that B52s aren't flying by the time he's old enough to fly one. He''ll learn to like stealth bombers.

Good on him. Looks like ya got an Air Force cadet in the house.
I hope to da heavens that B52s aren't flying by the time he's old enough to fly one. He''ll learn to like stealth bombers.
Isn't a B-52 just a heavy glider with eight engines? Oh, and more flexible wings! :)

I'm betting he'd do well with either at Colorado Springs or Annapolis. Either path by a person like Tommy could take him back to Texas... say, Houston? :)

Ken's son could also end up there given the skills he's showing pretty early. One or both have "Engineer/Pilot" written all over them.

more flexible wings?

marzinzik10.jpg

Isn't a B-52 just a heavy glider with eight engines? Oh, and more flexible wings! :)....

Considering it pre-dates the Boeing 707, although it's had continual technology updates since. I'd think that if they designed it today for one thing, it wouldn't need 8 engines. It would look really funny with 4 of those hugePratt & Whitney fans as on the 767. They might not clear the ground.

Going through Tommy's 6-week folders, came across the following, in the unit of his English class on poetry:

Abrams
It is awesome
Powerful, freedom, tank
Diesel!

(picture of an Abrams underneath)

That's very cool!

Last edited:

Abrams
It is awesome
Powerful, freedom, tank
Diesel!

Awesome. That goes on the fridge door!

That's three "awesomes," do I hear four? :D

And the Brits say Americans have a limited vocabulary...

I trust he got an A for that poem. Great work. You've got a lot to be proud for. He deserves glider instruction!!!!!

yea Tommy oughtta be the next Kolstad winner. I smell national champion before he's 30!

You just never know...

The kid is not only a poet, he has impeccable taste in in airplanes!!! Considering the Air Force is projecting them to be in service until 2040, I'd say he has a good chance of fulfilling his dreams.

I remember building the big model of a B-52 in the early '70s and thinking how cool it would be to fly,but they were already due to be replaced. Fifteen years later, I got my chance. If he has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Might even be able to dig up a few BUFF souvenirs for a real enthusiast.

Good Luck,

Maddog

Back