My anniversary and looking for a good airport restaurant near KTPA

stevenhmiller

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Steve's Archer
Friday is my anniversary and I'm looking for a good on-field restaurant. I'm located north of KTPA (Tampa International). I've been to The Hangar at Albert Whitted and wasn't impressed at all.

Any suggestions?

I was going to suggest The Hangar.

I enjoyed it the couple of times I've been.

I went for lunch and had a decent burger. Went again for Mother's Day and it was horrible. Wife didn't care for it either.

Orlando Executive? There's one of those Bomber Squadron restaurants on the airport.

Orlando Executive? There's one of those Bomber Squadron restaurants on the airport.
Can't seem to find the name of it. But, it's still a good option because it's so close to off-field restaurants. Thanks.

Can't seem to find the name of it. But, it's still a good option because it's so close to off-field restaurants. Thanks.

Tried a search for it and couldn't find it. Maybe it's out of business.

Been there. Actually pretty good food, just no atmosphere. This is my wedding anniversary, so I have to do something nice. :)
If you want atmosphere, land at TPA and take a crew car to a restaurant on International Plaza (Ocean Prime for example). Of course, it might be a lot faster for you to just drive there from home . But I don't know any on-field restaurants in the area with romantic atmosphere - Sharkey's at VNC is probably as close as you can get.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you haven't been, while it's a bit of a trip, you could take her up to Cedar Key. Will probably have to pay for a ride into town, but they have some good restaurants right on the water. Plus can't beat the views on the way up there.

Naples has a couple good restaurants within about a 5 minute drive (free 2 hour crew car) of the airport. Michelbob's.

Winter Haven has a decent restaurant for breakfast/lunch, Sebring too.

Further east you have Okeechobee (KOBE), been there once or twice, good eats.

Been there. Actually pretty good food, just no atmosphere. This is my wedding anniversary, so I have to do something nice. :)
Upstairs of Sharkey's in Venice there is fancy restaurant. It's excellent and pricey for an Anniversary.

Another option that may work for you is fly to Page Field and borrow a crew car from the FBO. There are many restaurants near the airport. You can do the same thing in Naples.

Enjoy!

Back