My 2nd flying experience

damageinc

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Damageinc
I had gone for a discovery flight back in august and really enjoyed it so i thought i would step it up a notch and signed myself up for air combat usa dogfighting. I had great weather today, sky was clear and there was little to no wind. Overall the experience was exhilerating 100 times better than i thought it would be, my instructor pushed me all the way to 6Gs and it was great. The only discomforting factor was having no head rest, when i would pull Gs and look for the other plane i would have to bend my head backwards but was unable to lift it again until i released back pressure. I was very supprised how i could go up, down, any direction and not loose my stomach or get sick it was a joy ride, even when i went into a loop flying upside down felt like flying rightside up. I ended up winning 4 to 2 over my opponent. When we went back to formation flying and headed back to the airport it didnt even feel like the plane was flying because it was so comfortable. Overall it was well worth the money and something i never knew i could do, expecially for someone like me who hates roller coasters. I can definetly see why aerobatics can become addicting. Its going to be hard having to go back to a cessna 152 for lessons at my local airport.

Glad to hear you had fun, and sounds like a natural at air manuvers. you don't have to give up aerobatics to do your PPL. buy a Citabria, get a CFI that's qualified at aerobatics, and have at it. I did it back in the late 70s and although it's not for the faint if heart, it can be done. My second logbook entry has 'T/O, steep turns, rolls right, loops, turns around point, 3 pt ldgs'.

Wow, that really is stepping it up a notch. I came back from my discovery flight and, well, signed up for a flying lesson. That Piper Archer, it really rocked!!!

Well, no, it didn't. But I really enjoyed flying. Sounds like you got a fabulous introduction to flying. That buzz might be killed by run of the mill training. Try to find an aerobatics CFI that might be interested in incorporating PPL training with aero training.

Enjoy.

That's incredibly cool. I was based at IWA next to FCI and loved watching them do they insane t/o and landings. I'd love to get back down there and give it a try. Sounds a hell of a lot more exciting than my second lesson was!

yeah as we started off down the runway i was like what did i get myself in to because the briefing was a bit intimidating but after we did the first yoyo it became a lot easier to deal with the sensations.

Great idea, and well done!!
I would've done something similar if it had been in my budget...

As it was, I did take a Cub ride prior to even my discovery flight... not really a lesson, but I got the stick for a few minutes. Much cheaper than an Air Combat flight, but lotsa bang for the buck. :D

yeah they are a bit pricy, but the experience is definetly worth the price

Back