Mutant Sunflower

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I had to show you all this flower. It is amazing. Have you ever seen a sunflower do this before? It is at my parents' home.

Attachments

• mutant.JPG
    mutant.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 83
It must have been loney there all alone, so it made itself some company.

Not only that, I forgot to mention - it is a volunteer! It was not planted, it just sprouted from some seed my Dad must have dropped.

It definitely has company. I told Mom we should call it Hydra.

That explaines it! It's some genetically engineered sunflower, its optmised for the most seed production per plant.

We had them when I was a kid, and they only had one huge flower. That's one bad sunflower!

I've seen them like that plenty of times. Some are just one some are many.

I think I'll plant some next Spring. Are they considered nuisance flowers?

Confession: Long ago for work I did a service call on a hardware store that gave me their box of seeds at year end. As I drove around I tossed seeds out the window randomly. I figured I was like a modern Johnny Appleseed. I wondered if any of those sunflowers would spring up in random vacant lots.

No, I wasn't anywhere near you. :D

My neighbor lady plants seeds every year and they grow like that. Don't know what she plants, but they're pretty cool.

When I was a kid, my dad grew sunflowers every summer. I was maybe four years old and a tiny little runt compared to most kids. In the evenings when they would turn downward, I was convinced it was trying to reach down and get me.

got one just like that along side the house ... came with the house and comes back every year. No seeds that I've seen, tho ... downstream of Rocky Flats, it might just be a nuclear-enhanced mutant daisy, not a sunflower, tho!

When I was a kid, my dad grew sunflowers every summer. I was maybe four years old and a tiny little runt compared to most kids. In the evenings when they would turn downward, I was convinced it was trying to reach down and get me.

Who's to say it wasn't :dunno: :D

got one just like that along side the house ... came with the house and comes back every year. No seeds that I've seen, tho ... downstream of Rocky Flats, it might just be a nuclear-enhanced mutant daisy, not a sunflower, tho!

Goo! Has it started walking yet? That's when you know you're in trouble!

The next generation will probably be able to think, and will be highly resistant to RoundUp!

I was gonna' ask if it was a volunteer because I'm thining it's a hybrid. Otherwise, it looks overwatered. That would make sense since it's in or near the grass lawn.

Back