Mustangs to Memphis

David_L_Wilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
David L Wilson
It is so pathetic, I just watched a show about Mustang’s across America a group of 300 Mustangs from California to Memphis. They act like this is some great feat driving cars across a small portion of the country. They have no idea what it is like to fly a Cessna 150 to Oshkosh from Oklahoma City. They did an hour show about these non achievers. If they had half a clue they would showcase the trek to Oshkosh by many in small airplanes from all across the country. The world is blind and ignorant. What is happening to our love of flying?:confused:

my son-in-law is in the tv business ... if there's not a large market, the idea doesn't make it past storyboard. I thought your title implied Mustang airplanes and was all ga-ga over it ... sigh ... I liked Mustangs (cars) in the 70s ... not so much since then.

So, out of the general tv watching public, there's only a relative handful of us that would tune into a Mustangs (the airplanes) to Memphis, I'm afraid.

It is so pathetic, I just watched a show about Mustang’s across America a group of 300 Mustangs from California to Memphis. They act like this is some great feat driving cars across a small portion of the country. They have no idea what it is like to fly a Cessna 150 to Oshkosh from Oklahoma City. They did an hour show about these non achievers. If they had half a clue they would showcase the trek to Oshkosh by many in small airplanes from all across the country. The world is blind and ignorant. What is happening to our love of flying?:confused:

Not everybody "loves" Mustangs. And not everybody "loves" aviation. I will say that driving from California to Memphis there is lots to stop and see. Flying a small plane from Oklahoma to Wisconsin for most TV viewers would be boring watching a small plane drone along.

Calling these Mustang owners "non achievers" is not really appropriate. First of all you don't know these people. Secondly some of these people put much time and effort in restoring these cars which takes alot of effort and dedication along with skill.

If there is a program on TV about something that doesn't interest me I simply change the channel or turn it off. To each his own.

Back