Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark

RIP.
March 28, 1937
Died May 4, 2014

Last edited:
Eddie Andreini? I read that he died in a post-crash fire in 2014, in his Stearman, because the airshow did not have fire trucks on the field.

He lived there, not familiar with area, but would that be the airport in the background?
Yes. I went hiking last summer near that bluff and point that is shown. There is a military installation on the point (Pillar Point). The trailhead parking is on the west side of the airport.

Last edited:
Eddie Andreini? I read that he died in a post-crash fire in 2014, in his Stearman, because the airshow did not have fire trucks on the field.

I believe it was an Air Force base and fire trucks were standing by at there assigned locations on the airport in support of the air show. Controversy about the response time of the trucks, think his family filed a lawsuit. Others have said he probably died quick as the plane was inverted and fuel was flowing onto him that caught fire. Sad deal.

I've seen that aircraft fly at times when I've flown into KHAF. Beautiful aircraft.

Didn't realize how close the aerobatic box was to the airport!

Very sad. He was a really nice guy. We had some common friends and I met him a couple of times. They should have gotten to him sooner.

Very sad. He was a really nice guy. We had some common friends and I met him a couple of times. They should have gotten to him sooner.

I knew him too, he was a local contractor to the area. Very good and reputable.

Back