Mustang fly by

kobijo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Joe
Stopped out to the hanger on sat to pick up some chairs for my daughters highschool graduation, and lo and be hold a p-51 was at the radio shop. So as I was checking it out,the pilot came over and gave me the 50cent tour, Miss Cincinnati, comptley restored with just 14 hr on her all markings right down to the gun camera sighting, dual stick rudder and throttle, smelled new,any way He was leaving in about 2-3hrs so in jest I asked him to do a fly by over my daughters party. We live 2miles north and a mile east of Auburn In (gwb) any way I went home and kind of forgot about it. Guess what? 2hrs later I heard it ran out side with my daughter and here he came at full song, right over the top of the house and a big old turn out to the south. Man the hair stood up on my arms. Daughter said thanks dad, made my whole day. If the pilot is happens to read this I would just like to say thanks. The p-51 is based at Clairmont county across from sporty's

Joe:cheerswine:

Airventure Museum, Oshkosh Wi will be having a Planes, Manes, and Automobiles. The website to check is the events page at airventuremuseum.org.

There's no other sound in the world like a P51. I'd love to make Airventure 7/02 for the aforementioned mentioned party.

You might also check out www.mustangsmustangs.com . All mustangs, all the time.

Last edited:
Joe;

Thank you for the post. As a kid I do remember so well in seeing the P51's fly low over our house on the farm. I was 2 but I never forget the "Song" of those V-12's It sort of stays with you for life.

John J

oh, droooool! What a nice thing for your lucky daughter!

Terry

Back