Murphy Yukon

Stefano Treu

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Stefano
Hi, Nice meeting you all, I live in Italy and would be interested in bulding a Murphy Yukon, or buyng a used one. Wasn't able to contact Murphy Aviation so far, my e-mail went unanswered, and non one is answering the phone.
Des anyone know if Murphy is still in business and how to contact them??
Thank you for your help
Stefano

yukon7.jpg

Picture for those interested. I had to look them up, looks like a neat little plane.

I had to look them up too, interesting line-up of planes. It looks like there is another company that handles Murphy's kit sales and parts, you might try them:

https://www.pattersonaerosales.com/

Looks like they aren't selling any kits until mid 2021 though.

yukon7.jpg

Picture for those interested. I had to look them up, looks like a neat little plane.
Hi, yes I stumbled on it trough an article in the last Kitplanes and I was looking for exactly such a plane. I had a Cessna 182 but here the Mantainence in horribly expensive, so I sold it and vould love to replace it with a 4 seater tricycle
The Yukon seems ok and I didn't find any negative reports, I will be very gratful for any news.
I had to look them up too, interesting line-up of planes. It looks like there is another company that handles Murphy's kit sales and parts, you might try them:

https://www.pattersonaerosales.com/

Looks like they aren't selling any kits until mid 2021 though.
True, but I was able to contact a gentleman in the UK who, apparently, offer tecnical support on behalf of Murphy and he tells me that sales are back to Murphy direcly and not trough Patterson anymore
It seems that Murphy has reduced activities due to the Corona Virus, it just takes longer to get replays, let's hope.

Hi, yes I stumbled on it trough an article in the last Kitplanes and I was looking for exactly such a plane. I had a Cessna 182 but here the Mantainence in horribly expensive, so I sold it and vould love to replace it with a 4 seater tricycle
The Yukon seems ok and I didn't find any negative reports, I will be very gratful for any news.

True, but I was able to contact a gentleman in the UK who, apparently, offer tecnical support on behalf of Murphy and he tells me that sales are back to Murphy direcly and not trough Patterson anymore
It seems that Murphy has reduced activities due to the Corona Virus, it just takes longer to get replays, let's hope.
Sorry to sidetrack your thread, but I'm getting really tired of companies using the Virus as an excuse for bad communications. I can see how it could slow delivery, but it should provide MORE capacity for communications, not less.
/rant

Hi Stefano,

[...] Wasn't able to contact Murphy Aviation so far, my e-mail went unanswered, and non one is answering the phone. [...]

When the communication is already bad when they still want your money, what do you think the support will be like once they have it?
I stopped by at their booth at AirVenture a few years ago, none of them even got up from his chair or showed any interest in talking with me, even though I approached them. We ended up buying a Zenith instead.

You might want to look into a Bearhawk. From what I heard, great support, active builder's community, relatively fast, good hauler. Fuselage and tailfeathers are however covered with fabric.

Hi Stefano,

When the communication is already bad when they still want your money, what do you think the support will be like once they have it?
I stopped by at their booth at AirVenture a few years ago, none of them even got up from his chair or showed any interest in talking with me, even though I approached them. We ended up buying a Zenith instead.

You might want to look into a Bearhawk. From what I heard, great support, active builder's community, relatively fast, good hauler. Fuselage and tailfeathers are however covered with fabric.

That is my impressio too, that they have financial problems or might be somehow disorganized, thry advertise a quick uild kit but confirmed that it's not available. They are shut down because of covid, but Vans accept orders and delivers with full production. I looked into the bearhawk, but I don't like taildraggers, on top of it it is configured for the o 540 at least, and in Europe the AVGAS costs abt 3$US/Liter=12$US/Gallon

That is my impressio too, that they have financial problems or might be somehow disorganized, thry advertise a quick uild kit but confirmed that it's not available. They are shut down because of covid, but Vans accept orders and delivers with full production. I looked into the bearhawk, but I don't like taildraggers, on top of it it is configured for the o 540 at least, and in Europe the AVGAS costs abt 3$US/Liter=12$US/Gallon
I think to go ahead with a RV 14

To be fair, Van’s communications has suffered also in my opinion, and they blame COVID. They are delivering a staggering number of kits, though their delivery times continue to get longer and longer. I still have no date for delivery of the quickbuild fuse I ordered two months ago, and they say it’ll be at least a year from when I do get a date.

Last edited:
Vans has 12 + months to deliver a RV 14 kit

Well, an RV-14 would be pretty much on the other end of the spectrum, compared to a Murphy.
I don't know how experimentals work in Italy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had to be on some kind of 'approved' list by your local aviation authority.

If you're looking for low fuel consumption, you might want to consider something with a Rotax 912, like an RV12, a Bushcat, a Zenith or one of the various other designs that are available.

I have got an ultralight here, I need something more substantial

That’s not a bad start!

Back