Murder by...

I avoid reading articles like this one and the one about the oven. Too depressing. There were a couple of articles recently about parents killing their small children because of a bitter divorce and they knew how badly it would hurt the other person. It's all too much for me..

That to me is about as evil as it comes.

There is a special place in hell for these people.

Agreed...

Certainly many people weren't meant to have kids, but have interest in what results in kids, so having kids ends up being a side effect. My mom was not meant to have children, but here I am. Guess how that happened. I think she's still trying to figure out how it happened 33 years later.

I'd be curious if you would have said the same thing 15 years ago, when your kids were around the same age mine are now (5 and twin 3 year old girls). I love them, they're at great ages. We have a ton of fun together. The girls, being twins, are not only cute, sweet, and funny, but the twin bond is incredible to watch. My son can drive the tractor (on my lap, of course) and "helps" me turn wrenches. Sounds great, right? And it is, it absolutely is.

When our son was born he wouldn't sleep more than 45 minutes at a time through the night and the crying was incredible. Massive sleep deprivation for both my wife and me, but mostly my wife for the every 45 minute nursing (sleeping 2 hours at a time? That would've been great! He didn't do that until he was 2). Would not sleep for me, period, just scream. If we were lucky my wife could transfer him to me after falling asleep, but that usually didn't work.

My ex and I had the opposite problem with Garrett.. He would rarely sleep for her. He'd be screaming his head off, and as soon as daddy got ahold of him, he'd go right to sleep.. So much so, that we called it daddy xanax.. I can't remember how many texts i got from her at work saying the baby wouldn't go to sleep, and she was at her wits' end. He didn't really start sleeping all the way through the night in his own bed until about 4 months ago, right before he turned 3.

From sickening murder to spending time with your kids and driving manual transmissions? That’s the kind of thread drift we need more of!

Shake n Bake man!

tumblr_mp6mkaYRmq1r5o9nko1_500.gif

Back