Muncie Update

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Okay, got down to Muncie today and checked out the new restaurant "Kimberley's Landing". While I didn't eat as I was making a quick trip (zillion things to do around the house) I did walk around the restaurant and check out the menu. Restaurant doesn't look much different - still 5 star decor for an airport restaurant - cloth table cloth and napkins - upscale. All sandwiches (except steak sandwich) and burger were $8 (I was looking at the lunch menu, not breakfast).

We need to organize a lunch there in order to patronize the new owner(s).

Sounds like a good solo cross country for Dad to do. With me a few minutes behind him, eavesdropping.

Good to hear that there's a new owner in the space - I'd be interested in how they're doing.

Don't know where you are on dates, but I'd be interested in joining if you go next weekend, Saturday or Sunday (May 5/6). The following two weekends (Mother's Day and the fly-out to the Philly area) look pretty busy.

Leslie

Next weekend works for me. The following weekend, not only is it Mother's Day but our son is getting married that Saturday. Last one of the three! No more weddings to pay for! Let's see - college for three followed by weddings for three - I'm ready to retire!

Sounds like a good solo cross country for Dad to do. With me a few minutes behind him, eavesdropping.

Any traffic in the area, please advise how to get the rest of the way through to my pilot's license. ;) :D :D :D

I'm up for a trip back to Muncie. I haven't been there since the old place closed.

Count me in if I can fit it into my schedule. I've been looking forward to going there with the fam.

Count me in if I can fit it into my schedule. I've been looking forward to going there with the fam.

Archer or Mooney? if it's the Archer we can formation fly down.

Or for our European friends, 5/5.

I'll try to make it this time, even tho it won't warm up the oil. ;)

Archer or Mooney? if it's the Archer we can formation fly down.

Archer. Never got aroud to getting checked out in the Mooney. The bigger question is, will I be able to go, given my hectic schedule?:goofy: If it's this Saturday, I'm afraid I won't be able to. :(

for those going to MIE on Saturday, they are having an open house at my aviation home, MQJ from 9am - 3pm. If you don't get enough to eat in Muncie, there will be free food at Mt Comfort.

I've got a plane scheduled and Wx permitting will be taking some family up.

Looking at their website, it doesn`t look like the restaurant is open on Sunday. Does anyone know for sure? :dunno:

Thanks

We are having our 99s meeting there in a couple weeks. Really hope it`s open.

Linda

Looking at their website, it doesn`t look like the restaurant is open on Sunday. Does anyone know for sure? :dunno:

Thanks

Linda

Hmm, didn't check that out. It was Saturday when I was there and it was open. I have their phone number at home, I can give them a call.

Saturday the 5th works for me. If that's the date people have in mind then let's start another thread with the date and "fly in" in the title. P.S. I did see a poster there about a vintage aircraft fly in for the following Saturday, the 12th, however as I stated earlier that won't work for me.

Or for our European friends, 5/5.
What do you mean, I DID it as the European's do, 5/5. YOU'RE the one doing it like the heathen Americans! (Of course, this board is "Pilots of America", so You're right and I'm wrong. :goofy:

Oh, BTW, I hereby apologize for my use of the term "license" in our podcast. But I don't think I want to ask Mike to allow us to go back and edit the word out! :no::rofl:

Thanks

Linda
A couple of weeks would put it around Mother's Day:hairraise:

Where did you find their website? Guessing and Google have been unsuccessful for me.

A couple of weeks would put it around Mother's Day:hairraise:

Where did you find their website? Guessing and Google have been unsuccessful for me.

AOPA directory, FBO, Muncie Aviation.

Our meeting is the 20th, but what better could I ask for, for Mothers Day, than to fly?

So, I haven't seen another thread for this. Is this Saturday the day? I'm trying to work it out with my wife to see if we could make it (weather permitting). It will be the first flight for our little boy, so I'm a little nervous about it being that distance (approx. 160 nm).

So, I haven't seen another thread for this. Is this Saturday the day? I'm trying to work it out with my wife to see if we could make it (weather permitting). It will be the first flight for our little boy, so I'm a little nervous about it being that distance (approx. 160 nm).

Okay, I've started a thread at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13765
Follow up there if you plan to come. Hope to see you all!

Back