Muncie Indiana and surrounds

JHW

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Wright
Question for pilots in and around Muncie IN. We are looking at some possible locations for our return to the US late next year. As always, I'd like to line up a hangar first and make that the center of the house and school hunt. What is available in the area between Indianapolis and Ft Wayne, closer to Muncie the better ? Ideally, prefer a place that is paved and does snow removal. I just need a standard-size 40-42ft t-hangar, this is for the travel air.

I'll ask a friend of mine who flies to Muncie regularly if he knows what the hangar situation is like.

Be good to have you nearby, that would put you pretty close to here in Cincinnati. My airport has plenty of empty hangars, but we're probably a bit further south than you want to go if you're searching in the Indy - Ft Wayne area.

My friend said he doesn't know for sure, but had very good things to say about the FBO and believed they most likely have space open.

Muncie is good. Anderson would be another good option. If you can spare the drive towards Indianapolis, Indianapolis Regional(Mt. Comfort) is top notch. Marion may be another good option. Most of the other ones close by such as Winchester and Reese I wouldn't count on routine snow removal but I could be wrong.

Back