Multiple Medications / Anxiety Question

Stegoo_86

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Stego_86
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted some clarification as I'm confused. I'm currently going through the SSRI path 1 to stay on Zoloft. My BCP prescribed me Klonopin for a short period of time with Zoloft. It was only an "as needed" pill which my BCP explains in a personal letter to the FAA and my HIMS AME. I also detail this information in my personal statement. I have been off Klonopin for over a year and a half. I was only "on" it for about 9 months. My HIMS AME says this shouldn't be an issue but says it's "up to the flight surgeon." I'm being treated under Zoloft and my BCP discontinued the medication. I'm reading through this feed though and it sounds like if you have ever been prescribed more than 1 medication at once, that you will have no path forward. So, now I'm unsure if I should continue...and if this IS a problem, why wouldn't my HIMS AME explain that?

As your AME said ultimately “up to the flight surgeon.”

@bbchien has there been 1 case you have seen where dual med history have been approved?

Not true, just less common. I have two, 3rd class SSRI applications pending in DC.
As for dual meds: it depends on the notes as to what the psychiatrist thinks he was treating, but that is very not-helpful for certification

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back