Multiple engine failures

Wooot! Congratulations!

How is the 180 saga going?
slowly and poorly. Still waiting on receiving controls back from Airframe Components. At least it's now with my mechanic and most of the insurance headache is behind me... just waiting now.

Funny thing is..... the biggest part of multi training is flying single engine....

O.K I'll bite. What happened to the 180?
hangar collapse. Messy insurance battle. Still waiting on repairs to be completed. Decided to get my multi during the downtime.

hangar collapse. Messy insurance battle. Still waiting on repairs to be completed. Decided to get my multi during the downtime.
Thanks, I had no idea. That really sux. I've had to fight with insurance companies, I think I'd rather punch holes in my eyelid. I hope they can make it all better.

Congrats. In a Seneca II nonetheless. You never know when you'll actually need all that SE in a ME skill. I'm reminded of someone that had an engine fail on a Seneca immediately after takeoff. With all the seats filled. It was very interesting talking to him after he landed.

If anyone is interested, I spent $6182.55 including examiner fee, charts, databases, a yoke mount for my personal Aera 660, plane and instructor. That got me just under 10 hours of ME time.

Edit: First flight was on 6/10/2020, checkride was 6/17/2020

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I spent $6182.55 including examiner fee, charts, databases, a yoke mount for my personal Aera 660, plane and instructor. That got me just under 10 hours of ME time.

An Aera 660. Getting a new certificate or rating usually means a new gadget too. "I'm already spending XXX dollars, might as well throw in that new XYZ". BTDT.

An Aera 660. Getting a new certificate or rating usually means a new gadget too. "I'm already spending XXX dollars, might as well throw in that new XYZ".
No I already had the Aera panel mounted in my 180. But I didn't have a yoke mount for it, so I bought the mount + cradle to put it in the Seneca. - Which is included in that cost.

Missed the "yoke mount for...." Read too fast. Regardless, I like the idea of getting a new [something] with a new rating/certificate.

Congrats I owned a twin for a few years.it was most enjoyable.

Ouch! I'm really saddened to hear this. But the plane is repairable, so that's a positive.

I was going to give you the gears over being seen in public in the left seat of a nose-wheel airplane, but it's a multi-engine (and a Piper too!). :p Congrats on the new rating!!

Hope the 180 is back, better than new, real soon - and the insurance hassles are settled quickly. Are you going to use this opportunity to do the paint on it?

Last edited:
Ouch! I'm really saddened to hear this. But the plane is repairable, so that's a positive.

I was going to give you the gears over been seen in public in the left seat of a nose-wheel airplane, but it's a multi-engine (and a Piper too!). :p Congrats on the new rating!!

Hope the 180 is back, better than new, real soon - and the insurance hassles are settled quickly. Are you going to use this opportunity to do the paint on it?

Sadder is to lose that original green paint (no sarcasm, love that, at least in pics).

Back