Multi?

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Already itching for another certificate, I'm thinking about the multi. Reviewing my options for the millionth time, though, I keep coming back to the practicallity question. I could learn and rent from FDK, but those are Seminoles. Nothing against them, but I'd really like six seats. Tipton doesn't have anything. At BWI, I could train with my MEI in a Seneca II, C310, or an Aztec, but I couldn't rent afterwards because I'd have to join a club (which I couldn't afford).

What I'd like is two engines and six seats; what I really need for future flying is the six seats, yet none of the places I mentioned have a six-seater, either. (There's that really sweet Saratoga I fly occaisionally with my CFI, but again, to fly it solo I'd have to join their club. The price is good for what you get, but I won't fly it enough to justify joining.) Oh, I do hope my CFI ends up purchasing a C206.

wangmyers said:
What I'd like is two engines and six seats; what I really need for future flying is the six seats (There's that really sweet Saratoga I fly occaisionally with my CFI, but again, to fly it solo I'd have to join their club. The price is good for what you get, but I won't fly it enough to justify joining.) Oh, I do hope my CFI ends up purchasing a C206.
The MOST economical 6 seat twin is the later model ("later, yeah, right") Beech 95A. The first six years of the 95 only had 4 seats. Now mind you if you load up a 180 hp x2 twin you're at the margins of capability. But the cabin is capacious...

bbchien said:
The MOST economical 6 seat twin is the later model ("later, yeah, right") Beech 95A. The first six years of the 95 only had 4 seats. Now mind you if you load up a 180 hp x2 twin you're at the margins of capability. But the cabin is capacious...

Ben:

I couldn't find what I wanted in the rental market. I partnered up in a plane to get my multi. I went with a Baron because I knew that's what I eventually wanted to own: a P-Baron. So, I found some local guys with an A-55 Baron: one was a CFI. Told them what I wanted to do and they took me in as a 1/3 partner in the plane fully knowing I would want to move up in a year or so. After about a year, I told them I wanted to move on and they actually sold the plane--for other reasons.

So, there are avenues out there besides renting if that's not a viable option.

Best,

Dave

Back