Multi time building in AZ

stsavios

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
stsavios
In 4 to 5 months, I will be looking at building a little multi time. Does anyone know of anyplace/anyone in Arizona that has affordable rates in a multi-engine aircraft?

I'll also be looking at getting my multi commercial, and my multi instrument in the airplane. I already have my multi-private.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have your instrument certificate already?
Do that first in ASEL.
I also recommend Commercial in the ASEL before Multi.
Then the Multi check ride will add commercial and instrument privileges for Multi in the same ride.

If you do Commercial in the Multi, you will be limited to Private privileges in the single engine until you go back and take a comm ASEL ride.

You will also have to complete all commercial reference maneuvers in the Multi if you do not have comm ASEL first.

If you do Commercial in the Multi, you will be limited to Private privileges in the single engine until you go back and take a comm ASEL ride.
Same is true if you do the initial commercial in a single....you'll be limited to private privileges in a multi until you take another ride.

You will also have to complete all commercial reference maneuvers in the Multi if you do not have comm ASEL first.
This is soooo NOT true.

Read the PTS. There are no ground reference maneuvers for the multi whether you do it as the initial commercial ride or not.

There are pluses and minuses to doing the initial commercial in twin vs single. It just kind of depends on what you want to do. Some people will try to tell you that it is cheaper to do the commercial multi first, but I can tell you from personal experience that is crap. Any cost savings made up for by doing the Commercial ASEL ride in a fixed gear will be grossly overshadowed by the money you will spend doing your x-countries in a twin.

There are two advantages to doing the initial commercial ride in a twin:
1. The Commercial multi ride is the easiest checkride you will have, and the follow on ASEL addon is typically simpler as well.
2. People who do the mulit first tend to have an edge on building the multi time (I had around 50 hrs of ME when I did my commercial)

But....it was not cheaper.

Back