Multi-Engine training West Coast

TheGolfPilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Golfpilot
Driving me nuts trying to find a decent place to get a Commercial Multi-Engine Add-On with instrument. Between wanting to book 3-4 months out, quoting 25 hours plus to complete, and school rules rivaling the thickness of the FARs, I have just about had it. I'm this close || to buying a Twinkie or something and doing it with a friend. My goal is 5 days, fly 10-12 hours total, and costing $2500-$4000. And do it sometime in the next month. Am I nuts? Anybody know a guy?

Driving me nuts trying to find a decent place to get a Commercial Multi-Engine Add-On with instrument. Between wanting to book 3-4 months out, quoting 25 hours plus to complete, and school rules rivaling the thickness of the FARs, I have just about had it. I'm this close || to buying a Twinkie or something and doing it with a friend. My goal is 5 days, fly 10-12 hours total, and costing $2500-$4000. And do it sometime in the next month. Am I nuts? Anybody know a guy?

I don't know. But what's a Twinkie? Any light twin? Or a particular one

Aerodynamic Aviation out of Reid Hillview has a Twinkie and provides Multi-Engine training. Might want to give them a call. I looked into it a while back, and I believe they were cheaper than the other nearby options.

http://www.aerodynamicaviation.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how things are on the west coast but we're busy in the Midwest. Expecting to get the rating in the next month with your planning starting now might be a little optimistic. If nobody local can accommodate you, your best bet might be to travel somewhere to get it done.

No I haven't, I didn't see a twin on their "fleet" page. Will give them a call
According to their website, they use a Beech 76 Duchess for multi-engine training and also have a Turbo Seneca II for rentals. Dan Dyer is the SCFC owner and does a lot of Wings seminars.

You could also try Ocean Air at Watsonville Airport (KWVI). They use a Tecnam P2006T for multi training. Last I knew it was $249/hour for the plane and $55 for the instructor.

The real caveat with training anywhere near the California coast this time of year is that you probably aren't going to get many decent VFR days in a row.

Do you already have a multi rating and some time? For example, do you already have the required flights in a twin?

Go hang out in the Chicago area for a few days? Check out Six North Aviation at KDPA. I have no experience with these guys but I've added them to my list of options to check out once I am ready for a multi engine rating :)

Go hang out in the Chicago area for a few days? Check out Six North Aviation at KDPA. I have no experience with these guys but I've added them to my list of options to check out once I am ready for a multi engine rating :)

I realize that is not on the west coast but sometimes it is fun to go fly somewhere else and Chicago is just a short flight away, right?

Prairie air or traverse air? I’ll probably end up at one of them

Prairie air or traverse air? I’ll probably end up at one of them

I’m from the SF Bay Area and ended up at Traverse Air. Great experience.

Beach Cities in Hawthorne. (Socal). That's where I went. They have a Duchess.

I’m from the SF Bay Area and ended up at Traverse Air. Great experience.
thanks. i'm trying to focus on getting the IR done, then either add multi or add commercial and then multi

i have no reason to need commercial, so we'll see

Back