Multi Commercial add on, accelerated

Cavu

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cavu
Hello folks, new here, I’m in Tampa Bay Area, specifically looking for any Solid current lead on getting an Accelerated multi add on, anywhere in the country, where the setup has a Dpe on hand/available. To save time I can tell you that places I’ve called here in Florida specially locally, either there’s no plane no instructor no Dpe available or some combination there of.
Thank you.

What time frame are you looking at? There's a place up here in Michigan knock it out in 2 days I don't know how far out they're booked that's where I did mine - along with SES.

http://www.traverseair.com

You can’t knock out a commercial multi in 2 days. You need to log 25 hours of multi.

You can’t knock out a commercial multi in 2 days. You need to log 25 hours of multi.

He said "add-on", minimum requirement is 3 hours of checkride prep.

This isn't to say that I recommend the minimum required, and I know nothing of the accelerated courses for this. But it is very common for people with no Multi experience to finish in 7-10 hours in a non-accelerated fashion.

Correction - if you don’t have a commercial single.

I called Traverse once and he was booked solid for months. Great deal if you are not in a rush.

Also FL is tough getting on a DPE's schedule. I know that Paul Kramer's Learn to Fly Center at KPMP has a "staff" DPE. Nice people in the brief interaction I had there. Don't know what they have in the way of a multi, I imagine they have something.

Fly By Knight in Hammond, LA. They got me scheduled within a few weeks (Traverse was 6 months out), and got me done in a few days and way under budget (around 1.5k including the DPE).

I checked with traverse he’s booked out several months, so is the lady at Knight in la.
Yes this is an add on, I have the single comm.
time frame is anytime really, need to get it done, at 700+ tt and talking to difrent companies there is a couple three solid possibilities I’ve been offered for sic but multi is the key.
Thank you guys for anymore leads.

Just did an accelerated mutli add on it my commercial. Two days, great training and a fair price for what you get in my opinion. Greensboro NC. Send me a message and I will be happy to get you any info you need.

I’m headed to Great Lakes air ventures,Mi. Thanks to Edfred I got a solid lead and Mr Foerschler contacted me from greatlskesairventures.com and set it all up. Felt very comfortable talking to him. It’s a good sign when folks don’t go straight to “money” and ask about you and what your current goal and need is. I’ll definitely update with my experience there so it can benefit someone else . Thank you guys for the great info and also Trocket for another solid lead in N.C.

Ok guys, got back from Mason Mi, this man (Dale Foerschler) and his operation Great Lakes Air Ventures turned out to be the REAL DEAL.
I’m 49 years old, and in the past general life and 11 years of flying and seeing flight schools, good n bad, I can firmly tell you that very very few times in life one will end up getting what people tell you they will deliver for your hard earned money. I’ve been humbled in my life and really don’t have much money to lose. This for me was one of those deals where it felt fantastic to spend my money, I actually got more than I expected. No surprises, ready and able instructors, READY TO FLY two twins sitting there, aside from 8 other aircraft Ready to fly, most all with approved installed up to date Garmin equipment with updated weather, one of the twins 31Y also has the touchscreen 750 coupled AP etc, I chose to train on 74Y, all steam and One really nice plane, I’d take my family in Any of their planes any day.
I showed up there on 3/17, never flew in a twin Ever, got to fly in blowing snow in ifr, with actual approaches into Lansing and multiple other airports, by day 3 I knew I could take off and land a twin & and shoot an instrument approach if I needed to, day 4-5 got maneuvers within requirements, day 6 refinements (there is several hours of ground thru the week) and final sign off from CP if you’re ready. Day 7 date with dpe and I have my multi commercial done. (This is NOT a certificate mill) he is cool as heck but an extremely reputable and solid man with integrity, cares about quality and the people around him and Your life. What else do you expect from a Army pilot who has fought/flew in most all conflicts since desert storm.
He also has a non profit to help Ex military folks with an honorable discharge to get their pilots Licence and pursue an aviation career if they want, it’s open to civilians as well where young folks can be helped to pursue aviation who can’t afford it, unbelievable dedication.
The school is 141 and VA approved, I believe. Though you can train 61 as I did. I know this was a long winded report from my experience but it may help a knucklehead like me.Yes I travelled a thousand miles up north with freezing weather and frozen lakes from Tampa..., and got my add on inside of 14 days from calling them or I could have been still calling and waiting for Yahoo!’s to call back like I have been for two months.
I’m sure there are other good folks and places just like this, my honest feeling I can say is that I didn’t just comeback with a piece of paper saying I’m legal to fly a multi but I can very comfortably get in a similar airplane and safely fly it anywhere I want.
All this from a lead here by EDFRED two weeks ago......
I’ve got three good leads (Referrels) of local places wanting me to come see their ops for sic openings, now that I have the multi.
I plan to go back there for my instructor ratings as well, and also twin time building, @ 230 wet and the exceptional maintenance and condition of both their Comanche’s I couldn’t imagine a better deal, I’ve looked.
If anyone needs anymore info on my experience feel free to call me or message me. Just to be clear, I never met or talked to Anyone from Great Lakes air ventures prior to my initial call two weeks ago, heck I’ve never even been to Michigan for that matter.

Attachments

• 8A17CE2F-3171-421E-9B67-69C2DC7D9B8D.jpeg
    8A17CE2F-3171-421E-9B67-69C2DC7D9B8D.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 28
  • 51FB1F58-9108-4A0B-9B11-56EB97AE4357.jpeg
    51FB1F58-9108-4A0B-9B11-56EB97AE4357.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 28
Ok guys, got back from Mason Mi, this man (Dale Foerschler) and his operation Great Lakes Air Ventures turned out to be the REAL DEAL.
I’m 49 years old, and in the past general life and 11 years of flying and seeing flight schools, good n bad, I can firmly tell you that very very few times in life one will end up getting what people tell you they will deliver for your hard earned money. I’ve been humbled in my life and really don’t have much money to lose. This for me was one of those deals where it felt fantastic to spend my money, I actually got more than I expected. No surprises, ready and able instructors, READY TO FLY two twins sitting there, aside from 8 other aircraft Ready to fly, most all with approved installed up to date Garmin equipment with updated weather, one of the twins 31Y also has the touchscreen 750 coupled AP etc, I chose to train on 74Y, all steam and One really nice plane, I’d take my family in Any of their planes any day.
I showed up there on 3/17, never flew in a twin Ever, got to fly in blowing snow in ifr, with actual approaches into Lansing and multiple other airports, by day 3 I knew I could take off and land a twin & and shoot an instrument approach if I needed to, day 4-5 got maneuvers within requirements, day 6 refinements (there is several hours of ground thru the week) and final sign off from CP if you’re ready. Day 7 date with dpe and I have my multi commercial done. (This is NOT a certificate mill) he is cool as heck but an extremely reputable and solid man with integrity, cares about quality and the people around him and Your life. What else do you expect from a Army pilot who has fought/flew in most all conflicts since desert storm.
He also has a non profit to help Ex military folks with an honorable discharge to get their pilots Licence and pursue an aviation career if they want, it’s open to civilians as well where young folks can be helped to pursue aviation who can’t afford it, unbelievable dedication.
The school is 141 and VA approved, I believe. Though you can train 61 as I did. I know this was a long winded report from my experience but it may help a knucklehead like me.Yes I travelled a thousand miles up north with freezing weather and frozen lakes from Tampa..., and got my add on inside of 14 days from calling them or I could have been still calling and waiting for Yahoo!’s to call back like I have been for two months.
I’m sure there are other good folks and places just like this, my honest feeling I can say is that I didn’t just comeback with a piece of paper saying I’m legal to fly a multi but I can very comfortably get in a similar airplane and safely fly it anywhere I want.
All this from a lead here by EDFRED two weeks ago......
I’ve got three good leads (Referrels) of local places wanting me to come see their ops for sic openings, now that I have the multi.
I plan to go back there for my instructor ratings as well, and also twin time building, @ 230 wet and the exceptional maintenance and condition of both their Comanche’s I couldn’t imagine a better deal, I’ve looked.
If anyone needs anymore info on my experience feel free to call me or message me. Just to be clear, I never met or talked to Anyone from Great Lakes air ventures prior to my initial call two weeks ago, heck I’ve never even been to Michigan for that matter.

If you don't mind sharing... How many hours did it take and how much did it cost? Did you feel like you needed 7 days or could it be done quicker? (Some places advertise 2-3 days)

If you don't mind sharing... How many hours did it take and how much did it cost? Did you feel like you needed 7 days or could it be done quicker? (Some places advertise 2-3 days)

Wondering this myself @Cavu. How many hours of training and how long was the check ride? At $230 and $65 per hour for the instructor per the website, you were paying $295 an hour. Even at 10 hours, $295 isn't bad. Plus the check ride fee of $600 per the website.

Hi KaiGywer, I don’t mind at all, in five hours I was comfortable with the aircraft, I needed six more to get the maneuvers within tolerance, that included VMC demo, the Identify verify Feather the failed engine recognition, I’m sure folks can do it all in 1.75 hrs ....not me, lol. I reckon you could schedule it all in 2 days ......I just don’t know how and more importantly why, I love flying and am eager and willing, but no matter how many days it would still take me between 7-10 hrs minimum. You can also minimize the ground time for the oral by being prepared, it’s really not vague and is very specific to the rating you’re going for. I flew extra towards the end and also picked up a few pic hours, will need it. So figure this, 295 per hour wet with instructor plus 55 per hour for ground, as much as you may need. The whole situation and environment was worth it, I’d do it again.

Wondering this myself @Cavu. How many hours of training and how long was the check ride? At $230 and $65 per hour for the instructor per the website, you were paying $295 an hour. Even at 10 hours, $295 isn't bad. Plus the check ride fee of $600 per the website.
That’s exactly right, but I’m telling you there’s just something else when your instructor is not motivated by money and instead is willing to do whatever it takes to make you a better pilot.

That’s exactly right, but I’m telling you there’s just something else when your instructor is not motivated by money and instead is willing to do whatever it takes to make you a better pilot.
Sounds like my CFI around here. He usually refuses to take my money and if I insist he'll say "oh $20 will do" regardless of how long we flew. He flies charter full time and instructs just because he enjoys it.

Thanks for the write up. I hope to be doing a commercial multi add on later this year and will definitely check them out. I am in Ohio and not that far away.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-28_17-24-6.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-28_17-24-6.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 14
Back