Multi add-on to Commercial near Ft. Worth, TX

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
I am planning to be in Texas visiting family next month and am considering getting a Multi add-on to my Commercial certificate.

We park our plane at KFTW but I imagine most training will be outside the Bravo. I'd be looking for something on the west side of the area as I'll be staying in Weatherford.

Can someone recommend a school and/or CFI (MEI)?

I am planning to be in Texas visiting family next month and am considering getting a Multi add-on to my Commercial certificate.

We park our plane at KFTW but I imagine most training will be outside the Bravo. I'd be looking for something on the west side of the area as I'll be staying in Weatherford.

Can someone recommend a school and/or CFI (MEI)?
Nationwide Aviation is located at Parker County Airport (KWEA) in Weatherford. They are a great school that I have used so I would recommend them. They also have a twin you could use.

You post that you have a plane at KFTW. I live very close to that location and am looking for a partnership. If thats something your looking for please let me know.

Nationwide Aviation is located at Parker County Airport (KWEA) in Weatherford. They are a great school that I have used so I would recommend them. They also have a twin you could use.

You post that you have a plane at KFTW. I live very close to that location and am looking for a partnership. If thats something your looking for please let me know.
He's just visiting there. He lives in NV.

Several good choices...
  • Nationwide Aviation as mentioned. They have presence at KWEA and 52F.
  • Aviator Air at Grand Prairie (KGPM). They use an Aztec
  • Diamond Aviation Center at Arlington (KGKY). They use the Diamond Twin Stars
  • Huffman Aviation at Fort Worth Spinks (KFWS)
  • In The Pattern at Denton, KDTO. They use an Aztec
  • Rich Aviation at Meacham, KFTW. They use a Baron
  • and more if you exhaust this list.
For examiners,
  • Erik Wilson (my preferred)
  • Joe Johnson (he lives at KWEA)
  • Ron Haider
  • Bob Owlsley
Which ever DPE you want to use, I suggest setting a date 4-6 weeks ahead of the day you want to do the exam. Even with the pandemic slowdown, the popular ones like I listed are still pretty busy.

When you're in town, please advise. We can meet up for food and/or beverage.

PS. Will be starting my MEL add on soon.

Provide more details of where you are and what you're seeking. I may have some info.
I am only a few miles from Hicks but wouldn’t mind driving up to 30 min. I am currently getting my complex and high performance at Huffman (great school) and looking for a 4 person or smaller partnership in a 140 knots or greater airplane. I am a 200 hour pilot who is actively flying over the last 3 years. 45 years old. I’m looking for motivated partners who are ready now.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give. I’m new to this site and spent my evening yesterday reading through many of your post. You have helped out so many. Your the reason I love the people in aviation.

Who is at Dallas Executive (Redbird) now? I did my MEI with them when it was Redbird Aviation.

Back