MU-2 Crash - CYGR

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=185997

Pascal Gosselin was active in aviation. I didn't know him myself, but did talk to him a few weeks ago regarding an airplane. Well respected and experienced pilot.

They were flying to a funeral, and ended up with 7 more. Mins on the approach they were likely on were 500, reports of BKN/OVC002 on the METARs. Air Canada had canceled their flights to the island that day.

Looks like they got below the cloud deck and a gust hit them at the wrong time. Who knows if they were iced up or not, too.

RIP :(

Interesting that the altimeter setting was 28.84. I could easily see an altimeter be accidentally set to 29.84.

Interesting that the altimeter setting was 28.84. I could easily see an altimeter be accidentally set to 29.84.

That's a good point.

Man, that's low.

I forget the lowest number that I've ever gotten, but I do recall that it dropped 0.4" going from one controller to another (not a typo). It was somewhere in the 28s. I think it dropped about 1.5" total on that flight.

I forget the lowest number that I've ever gotten, but I do recall that it dropped 0.4" going from one controller to another (not a typo). It was somewhere in the 28s. I think it dropped about 1.5" total on that flight.
Always see impressively low numbers around hurricanes and what not, but it's always interesting when the atmosphere gets that low and there's no hurricane or remnants of one nearby.

Always see impressively low numbers around hurricanes and what not, but it's always interesting when the atmosphere gets that low and there's no hurricane or remnants of one nearby.

Mine wasn't a hurricane, it was a particularly nasty system that was around Chicago. I was flying north of it (Traverse City, headed to Fargo and ultimately Seattle). Landed just before the storms hit, waited for them to pass, kept going. It was an impressively low altimeter setting...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back