Msfs 98

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Is it worth saving my disks for MSFS 98'? I have 2004 installed and will get the newest version this winter. Should I just donate them somewhere?

They might be useful to someone whose computer isn't enough to support the newer versions.

Adam...sounds as if you are cleaning house. Would you like to fly down and help me clean mine hah hah hah. Decluttering is GOOD!!!!!

MSFS 98 is too ancient, but you may want to keep it for keepsake.

FS2004, with addons, rules.

FSX, haven't tried, probably a machine hog.

Tomahawk674 said:
...FSX, haven't tried, probably a machine hog.
Yup, it's a machine hog. My son got it for me for my Birthday but it needs at least 15 Gigs free on the harddive. I have a 40 gig HD now and I can't seem to free up more than about 8 gigs :(.

So now he's talking about getting me a larger HD for christmas :D.

Having the newest version FSX installed as we speak, so it will be ready for winter entertainment if necessary. Used the last version a few times to see what it was like.

Last edited:
I've got a free copy of FSX coming soon, but know I'll have to build a whole new pc to support it so it will stay on the shelf until Tax Refund Time

MSfs98- what are you, running a computer museum???:D

FSX sounds like a good excuse to upgrade my computer. Of course, I neeeeed the hard drive space and processing power for all the pictures of the girls, and the videos I'll be downloading from the camcorder to burn to DVD for the grandparents, yeah, of course. It's just a little side benefit that FS will run better.....

I went to a flight simulation conference - first 400 to sign up got a free copy. Waiting for MS to ship it to AVSIM, then they'll ship it to me.

The latter Flight Sims had good physics but generally most of the changes have been in visuals. There's nothing wrong with FS98 (I have several versions myself). The worst part is each level has required a system upgrade, harddrive (did I hear 15Gig!), CPU (+2Gighz), and graphics card. The good news is starting prices of these machines are under $1,000.
It's what we're seeing with most new applications (read GAMES). I just can't afford it. Here's hoping my 3 year old notebook is up to the challenge.

Back