MS...metadata service discontinued

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
So...I bought a few CDs recently that I want to rip into the computer and then burn onto a thumb drive and the phone so I can have my music with me during travels.

Ripped Rodrigo y Gabriela's new CD yesterday into Windows Media Player...and no titles came up. A little research revealed that Microsoft discontinued their service that automatically tags CDs and songs in June.

Any suggestions on a painless fix for a technotard?

It’s old, but I’m a fan of winamp with the iPod plugin

There's an app I use on Android called Automa-Tag. Works awesome.

I am a big fan of open-source software, but every once in a while I come across some commercial stuff that is just great. I've done a lot of audio work, and have an extensive CD and vinyl collection, along with a growing digital collection. All CDs and some vinyl are ripped to FLAC or converted, tagged, and housed on my server for access at various listening locations throughout the house. After using everything from various free/shareware programs like winamp up to hardcore pro software, I settled into using JRiver. It's about $50, but it's the best ripping/tagging/AV playback media-center software I've found. Supports all kinds of high definition digital formats, is a great theater playback interface for an htpc if you're into that kind of thing (I'm not.. I just Kodi on a Pi for that), but what I love about it is the ease with which it allows you to rip, convert, and tag, including making sure album art is included properly. Great program.

Back