MS Filghtsim2004

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Anyone not using their 4 discs anymore? Will happily buy them from you. Somehow, disc#4 (the one with the key) has disappeared from my set. Even cleaned up the basement (well, the desk and the 4-shelf unit next to the desk) looking for it. No luck.

No, I'm not going to wait for FS20 - it's unlikely my Win7 system (yes, I know 7 is now an orphan) will be able to run it, and I really don't want to spend any money buying a new system. $$$ better spent on avgas.

I will see if I have that version. I know I have 2002.

i recently dropped the $20ish on Steam's MS FSX edition after my disks stopped working...

20191115_224539.jpg

I also have Combat Flight Simulator 2.

If I remember correctly, you can download a modification that removes the need to use the disc. It was controversial for a while, but after many years and new versions coming out it became ok to use. Especially when discs became damaged or lost.

If I remember correctly, you can download a modification that removes the need to use the disc. It was controversial for a while, but after many years and new versions coming out it became ok to use. Especially when discs became damaged or lost.

I also wondered about if using a different fourth disk would work. If you register on install, wouldn’t the program discover that the new disk is a different registered number? Don’t remember if FS2004 does this but seem to recall disk one and disk four have to match. Definitely could be remembering wrong though.

still, I’d google for this solution if I were OP. If feasible, it would work right away.

Probably true, but I assume there's data and such on #4 in addition to the security stuff. Which means I can't load any data on that disc, since I can't find it. On the other hand, my office (1/3rd of the basement) is getting the best cleaning it's ever had. So far, 4 boxes of papers from school that I'll never need, and if I do, I've got everything on CD/DVD (course notes, etc). So far I've filled 2 large recycling bins!

Check the drives of other computers in your place, especially ones you haven't used in a long time. The missing disk may still be in one of them. Don't ask me how I know that.

Check the drives of other computers in your place, especially ones you haven't used in a long time. The missing disk may still be in one of them. Don't ask me how I know that.
First thing I did. I only have 1 computer with a CD/DVD reader/writer. None of the others have that technology any more. I've been cleaning out 6 drawers of discs and floppies. I have over 200 CD/DVD discs going to the recycling company this coming week.

I've found discs going back to the late 90s. Like Microsoft Office 2001, Education version.

Student records going back to 2016...which, due to privacy rules (FERPA) I have to shred anything with a name on it.

Really should clean my office more often.

Just curious, why would anybody want to use FS2004 anymore unless it is for nostalgic purposes
Because my system is 32 bit, under powered and won’t work with newer apps, such as Xplane.

I have it if you want it.
Been cleaning out the office/basement....never did find disc #4, but I did find MSFS X! Not as fancy but good enough for what I need. Thanks anyway.

Back