Moving to Tennessee

dillardrg

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Dillard
After 25+ years in the St Louis area my lovely bride and I will be moving back to Tennessee.

We moved here from Maryville in East TN for a job in 1989, retired in 2008 and now due to family needs we are moving to the Nashville area, Lebanon to be exact. We should be moved by the end of November.

I have been doing tailwheel endorsements, spin and unusual attitude training out of 1H0 for the past 6 years and will probably continue to do that out of M54.

Anyone familiar with the Lebanon Airport and can give me an idea of what to expect there?

Thanks,

Welcome back to TN! if I get my medical back, I would be interested in a tailwheel refresher and maybe a little light aerobatics.

Lebanon's a nice little airport. Flew into there a time or two.

I didn't realize you lost your medical. When do you think you'll be back in the left seat?

Depends, I have about $5k worth of medically unnecessary tests needed to satisfy aeromedical. I'm on the fence on spending the cash.

Welcome back to TN! if I get my medical back, I would be interested in a tailwheel refresher and maybe a little light aerobatics.

Bill,

Sorry about the medical problem. You know you can do the training without a medical.:yes:

Disclaimer: I just joined the flying club a couple months ago based out of M54 so I don't know all there is to know about it.

My time there so far, getting checked in a flying club, has been good, though. It's a fairly quiet airport with an active EAA chapter and friendly FBO. It has a short grass strip where I've seen a few tailwheel aircraft practicing. The airport commission has a couple of the flying club members on it, and they have quite a few plans for improvements to the paved runway and to add new hangars.

The club has a nicely equipped Tiger and a nice 172. It's been around since the '80's I think, and there's a few of the guys in the club have been based at M54 since before then. There's also some other CFI's based there, and, generally, it seems to be a nice little airport that's still convenient to the Nashville area.

Mark

Thanks Mark, good information. My son lives in Franklin.

Welcome to middle TN. I would love to see another instructor in West Nashville/John Tune, ... but Lebanon will do. - hope all goes well with the move - certainly give a shout if you need anything.

Indeed, welcome back to tennessee. Lebanon is a very nice little airport. I'm based in Murfreesboro and I head up there on a fairly regular basis to play on the grass and get a change of scenery. The grass and pavement are both pretty well maintained, and the staff is always friendly. You'll find the EAA is pretty active around here as well. Good luck finding a hangar, however, let alone at a reasonable price.

Also, former Missouri resident here as well. Just moved here from Sikeston last year.

Thanks Dylan and Groundhog,

The move is accelerating, we should be down there by the middle of November.

I am #47 on the hangar list.

They are building 17 new T hangars, should be ready soon. May be when they actually start offering hangars the list will dwindle some.

Back