Moving to St.Louis Mo

JRitt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JRitt
I just accepted a position with SSM Healthcare in St. Loius MO and will be starting Monday (21 May). My wife and son are staying in Clarksville Tn untill she retires from the Army in 11 months. It's a ways off but I will be flying back (2hrs each way in the C172) every weekend (weather permitting) and it will give me time to get my IR with no interruptions. My brother in-law who lives in St Louis is also working on his IR so we will team up to get this done. If any POAers live in the area let me know cause I will need places to visit during the week. :cheerswine:

Last edited:
I grew up in STL and go back at least once a year or so. Say "Hey" to Augie 3, for me.

What area will you be living and working in?

I will be living in O'Fallon (temp till my wife gets there) and working in Kirkwood. I plan on building somewhere near the Pacific/Eureka area. Untill I move the plane will be parked at St. Charles Municiple (3SQ).

My wife was born/raised in Florissant. Her brother and his family live in O'Fallon now. We don't get back there too often anymore, but we're pretty familiar with the area.

We're in the Kansas City area ourselves, though.

I will be living in O'Fallon (temp till my wife gets there) and working in Kirkwood. I plan on building somewhere near the Pacific/Eureka area. Until I move the plane will be parked at St. Charles Municipal (3SQ).
It's funny. I think of that as quite a drive yet I'm living 35 miles from the Atlanta perimeter and I drive it and a whole lot more everyday. At least you'll be down the road from Six Flags. :)

Where would you keep your plane? St. Clair and Spirit are the two closest. Spirit is pretty pricey from what I hear. Creve Coeur is about the next bet.

If you're interested, I have a CFI contact who is pretty active out of Spirit. Drop a PM on me and I'll pass along his name and address.

OMG, I just got off the phone with St. Charles Municipal (I had my annual don there as was very happy) and I am getting a hanger. It has 3 sides and a roof for $60/mo. My plane has been parked there for 4 months while my brother in-law has been doing his instrument work and when he was taking the plane out of the main hanger he was stopped and asked if he wanted a hanger that was vacated today :yes:

OMG, I just got off the phone with St. Charles Municipal (I had my annual don there as was very happy) and I am getting a hanger. It has 3 sides and a roof for $60/mo. My plane has been parked there for 4 months while my brother in-law has been doing his instrument work and when he was taking the plane out of the main hanger he was stopped and asked if he wanted a hanger that was vacated today :yes:
Wow, congratulations! Right place at the right time! And the price seems great!

Good deal. Is there any way to come up with something that might keep out some dust and rain? Maybe heavy canvas on cables and hooks?

That is cheap... a tie-down at PDK is approaching $125/mo.

Back