Moving Men

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Count them and wait!
Count them again after the picture has changed .

This will drive you crazy!

WHERE DOES THE EXTRA MAN COME FROM?
Don't ask me; I haven't figured it out yet, that's why I post it here.

HR
(It only works if you click it)

Attachments

• Moving Men.gif
    Moving Men.gif
    69 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
geez, now i'm going to waste so much of my time trying to figure this out...I just can't walk away from it

Count them and wait!
Count them again after the picture has changed .

This will drive you crazy!

WHERE DOES THE EXTRA MAN COME FROM?
Don't ask me; I haven't figured it out yet, that's why I post it here.

Okay, there's five diagonal rows. From left to right, before the move the numbers in each row are 3-2-2-3-2 (12) but after are 3-3-2-3-2.

Notice that before the move, to the right of the second row there's a distinct space from top to bottom in the pic, while after the move there's a man standing there.

Where does he come from? Back of the 4th row before the move. After the move, he's replaced by the guy who was originally in the back of the 2nd row. But, he was still counted both times.

So, look at the two splits: The first split consists of rows one and two, and they get transplanted onto rows four and five. The second split is rows 3-5 which becomes 1-3. Now, notice that row 3 before the move is two guys, which becomes Row 1 after the move and there's... 3 guys. Also notice that the first one has no hair after the move, and the last guy in the 2nd row doesn't have much left of his feet after the move.

Note below the dividing line where nothing moves, there are one and a half heads on the left group and one on the right; above the line the left group has 3 whole plus a half and a tuft of hair, the right group has 6 whole plus a half. Do the math: That's 12.5 heads. Hmmm.

Several of the guys are also taller before the move.

It's hard to see. :yes:

Would seeing BOTH images at the same time help you?

movingmen.gif

I think one of them slipped in on a conveyer belt.

Kent, you spent way too much time analyzing that!

Yeah. I watched for while and at the end of about 5 minutes decided it was just a drawing so any illusion is possible.

I am soooo proud of myself.

Darn you Harley, where do you find this stuff. I'm suppose to be studying for my IR not trying to figure out this stuff:yes: ,But this was a good one.
Dave G:blueplane:

Darn you Harley, where do you find this stuff. I'm suppose to be studying for my IR not trying to figure out this stuff:yes: ,But this was a good one.
Isn't part of learning instruments the interpretation of subtle changes? :)

Actually, my truck-driving brother(referenced earlier re the plane down on Interstate 15 in Arizona) sent it to me - - - - - - - and I've sent him
Kent's solution, with credit.

HR

Actually, my truck-driving brother(referenced earlier re the plane down on Interstate 15 in Arizona) sent it to me - - - - - - - and I've sent him
Kent's solution, with credit.

HR
Maybe this should be renamed TruckDriversOfAmerica!:yes::rofl:

Back