Moving back to Oregon....

terzap

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
terzap
I'll be moving (finally, after a long exile) back to my adopted home state of Oregon sometime in September. And will be looking for a new instructor/flight school in McMinnville/Portland area. Anyone have any recommendations?

Glad to have you back, Terry.

Besides McMinnville (KMMV), check the schools at Aurora (KUAO) and Hillsboro (KHIO). If you find yourself anywhere from downtown Portland northward, check out the school at Aero Maintenance at Pearson Field, Vancouver (KVUO).

-- Pilawt

Thanks Pilawt, and looks like they're hiring line people at Hillsboro too (need something to do while little sister and I shop for a farm and finish the motorcycle racing season) so looks like I might be set. Won't know until I get there.

I will check out those places online and send out some feelers.

(Is it September YET?)

terry

YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I know that you have been waiting for this for a long time. Glad it worked out for you Terry.

Can't help you with the instructor part but I will be in Portland sometime in Sept. I have a meeting I think the week of the 10th. Perhaps we could meet?

There are a whole lot of options up here. Just depends on what you wanna do and how far you wanna drive to the airport. McMinville, Newburg, Aurora, Salem, Hillsboro...airplanes everywhere! I love Portland.

smigaldi said:
Can't help you with the instructor part but I will be in Portland sometime in Sept. I have a meeting I think the week of the 10th. Perhaps we could meet?

That would be fun, but I am not yet sure of the ETA. I haven't even given notice at work (I canNOT wait for that) yet. I should know more before the 30th. I'll let you know when I do. Thanks!!

And yeah, Brook, I have been waiting a long time for a chance to go back "home". I might have to suffer in the city for a few months, but I should be happily grubbing about in the dirt in view of my beloved Cascades, planting things (and flying) by this spring. I'm hoping we find land with enough space to at least comfortably land an ultralight. I can commute to the airport that way. LOL!!

(I need to send you an email, Brook. I had a very funny email from Raytheon, remember I told you I applied for a job at the south pole? They said they found a job that matched my resume. You are going to laugh.)

terry

Back