Moving and changing address

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
The thread on your pilot's certificate being valid as a voter ID in CO was a little amusing...so I pulled out mine and noted that yes, it does have my address on it.

Only...it's the old address. We moved about two months ago. I updated my address in the first week...but should I be getting a replacement certificate with my new address on it? I did just check the airman registry and it is correct.

I never even considered that until now. My new driver's license came in the mail in about a week.

No replacement unless you ask for it and pay $2 for the service. All they FAA really cares about regarding addresses is that they have in their files the right current address to which to send the registered letter, not what's on the card you carry.

Yeah, I found that same answer shortly after I posted that, but apparently you can't delete a root post? At least I couldnt' see how...

No biggie. Someone may learn from the post and reply.

I'm sure at least one person would assume the FAA would send an updated card like every other business on the planet, when a change of address was given to them.

No biggie. Someone may learn from the post and reply.

I'm sure at least one person would assume the FAA would send an updated card like every other business on the planet, when a change of address was given to them.
Maryland doesn't sent you a new DL, just an eminently forgeable paper card with the new address.

Maryland doesn't sent you a new DL, just an eminently forgeable paper card with the new address.

Nice. Colorado used to let you just write your new address on the back of your DL without even notifying them long long ago, but that went away.

Back