Mounting iPad air in cherokee six

sferguson524

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FormerSocalFlyer
I am looking to check out in a cherokee six, how would y'all mount an ipad?

With a ram mount suction cup mount ,to either the side window ,or wind screen. Very adjustable.

Ooohh I may have to dig up my thread about how I mount mine

I wouldn't.

Just kneeboard it.

I've used suction mount on side window and yoke mount. Both work just fine in the Six. Flew that setup from MN to Key West and back (with Stratus II) and worked great. Comfortable long haul machine...not overly fast, but comfortable!

I use a yoke mount for my Ipad in my Dakota. Similar mounting to what Eppy does. It does shield the MP and RPM a touch so I have to peek at them over the top or side. But doesn't really block much more than those 2.

Dan
'79 Dakota
Skybolt - Under Construction

I use a Ram Yoke mount in my Cherokee and love it. If you go this route, disassemble the iPad mouting plate from the yoke arm and try the various possible positions to find the optimum one for your plane. I think a lot of people fail to do this and install it as it comes right out of the box and complain about it sticking up too high and blocking some of their instruments. If you rotate the plate around where it hangs down over the yoke more, visibility should not be a problem. At least it has not been a problem for me.

Ram yoke mount. Cessna TR182. I flip it upside down with the plug/home button at top so that less of my panel is obscured.

I thought about the iPad mini but I like the greater real estate of the big iPad - easier to use in chop.

Yoke mount here also. My minor variation is a RAM suction instead of a cradle. Let's me get better positioning in multiple aircraft.

+1 for a yoke mount on our Cherokee 180. Works great.

Back