Mounjaro

Brian Curtis

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Curtis
I’ve have to change from Mounjaro to get my medical recently. Anyone know if the FAA will approve that drug for use soon?

They approved ozempic and wegovy right around the one year mark. mounjaro is slightly different dual mech of action. Pretty cool drug. When approved for weight loss it is going to blow the market up. Rivals weight loss surgery.

Well I hope soon. It’s been a year and it’s a big help with my Type 2

Any updates on this? Mounjaro has allowed me to stop taking insulin. So my path to getting a class 3 medical clearance should be much easier. BUT, they need to approve Mounjaro (FDA approved it in May of '22).

Update:
Mounjaro is officially approved for diabetes. Expect the formal announcement to come out by the end of the month. Mounjaro is NOT approved for weight loss.

@WingmanMed out of curiosity, where do you get your updates on expected FAA changes? Is there some internal FAA bulletin that is only available to AMEs or do you have "sources"

The FAA posts updates to their medical guidance almost every month. The schedule can be found here:

This update has not been published yet, but should be in the July update. We happened to email a physician at the FAA for a status check as we have several clients interested in it and we knew it was likely close.

We also meet with physicians from the FAA at conferences a few times a year and discuss upcoming changes.

Looks like Mounjaro is officially approved for diabetes. Great news.

I’ve been on it for 3 months, basic med. My A1C is down from 7.2 to 5.9, fasting blood glucose at 102.

I‘m down over 30lbs, just over 210 now, have been as high as 275. I’m basically never hungry, so I don’t eat much.

bottom line, it works. Meet with dr later this week, need to start planning for what happens going off it. Another 3 months, I’ll be at a good weight, but if we don’t get a good plan together, the weight will come back.

I’ve been on it for 3 months, basic med. My A1C is down from 7.2 to 5.9, fasting blood glucose at 102.

I‘m down over 30lbs, just over 210 now, have been as high as 275. I’m basically never hungry, so I don’t eat much.

bottom line, it works. Meet with dr later this week, need to start planning for what happens going off it. Another 3 months, I’ll be at a good weight, but if we don’t get a good plan together, the weight will come back.
Excellent strategy. I'd say I wish you good luck, but luck is really only needed by those who don't plan.

Back