Motion Sickness

1600vw

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
H.A.S.
I have this really bad, this is how bad I am....

I was countin some money the other day. I am annal about all my bills facing the same way and front side showing.

As I was counting my pocket cash I kept turning the bills to make them all face the same way and face side up. After about 2 mins of doing this it made me sick.

Anyone else have this problem? If so how do you deal with it?

I think your problem is more than motion sickness, obsessive compulsive comes to mind...you probably make a great pilot.

Go to the drug store and get Marezine. NOT Dramamine. They may not stock it but they can order it. It works better than Dramamine and does not make you drouzy. Has worked for me for 40 years and now works well for my wife. You may want to talk to your doctor as well to rule out any problems.

I have this really bad, this is how bad I am....

I was countin some money the other day. I am annal about all my bills facing the same way and front side showing.

As I was counting my pocket cash I kept turning the bills to make them all face the same way and face side up. After about 2 mins of doing this it made me sick.

Anyone else have this problem? If so how do you deal with it?

I might be dizzy, too if I spent two minutes sorting bills -- that's assuming that I had enough cash to spend two minutes sorting it.

I have no ideas about the bill-sorting dilemma. In an airplane, a car, or a boat, maybe I could help you, though.

-Rich

Go to the drug store and get Marezine. NOT Dramamine. They may not stock it but they can order it. It works better than Dramamine and does not make you drouzy. Has worked for me for 40 years and now works well for my wife. You may want to talk to your doctor as well to rule out any problems.

I will try this Marezine.

The wife and I went for a walk in the park. When we came to the swings she wanted to get on them. So we swung on the swingset for a short time.
This made me sick, headache all day long and dizzy.

A friend has a Recumbent Trike and I want one. Yesturday I took it for a ride. Again headache all day long and dizzy.

I had a friend take me for a ride in the 172 he flies. He wanted to show me something and made a decending turn. I about barfed everywhere, again headache all day and dizzy.

This has never happened in my plane while flying but I do worry about it.

I will try this Marezine.

The wife and I went for a walk in the park. When we came to the swings she wanted to get on them. So we swung on the swingset for a short time.
This made me sick, headache all day long and dizzy.

A friend has a Recumbent Trike and I want one. Yesturday I took it for a ride. Again headache all day long and dizzy.

I had a friend take me for a ride in the 172 he flies. He wanted to show me something and made a decending turn. I about barfed everywhere, again headache all day and dizzy.

This has never happened in my plane while flying but I do worry about it.
Before you try medications I would check with a local otolaryngologist or neurologist. Your complaints seem a little bit worse than your typical garden variety motion sickness. You may even consider to self ground yourself, especially if these are new symptoms, until you have this figured out.

Before you try medications I would check with a local otolaryngologist or neurologist. Your complaints seem a little bit worse than your typical garden variety motion sickness. You may even consider to self ground yourself, especially if these are new symptoms, until you have this figured out.

Douglas thank you for this info and your concerns. I have had this problem this bad for many many years. I try to explain it to my doctor and he just gives me Dramamine...Thats not spelled right, please for give my spelling it sucks.

Even as a kid I had motion sickness really bad, but I could ride a bike and swing on a swingset.

In my 20's I did have a really bad brain injury, I wonder if the two are related? I was in acoma for about 1 month from brain swelling, it was medically induced. Motorcyle accident and no helmet. 130 mph 400 feet down the road on my face. Broke my back....It was all my fault no one else to blame but me. I deserve whatever happens today from this if this is the problem.....

Douglas thank you for this info and your concerns. I have had this problem this bad for many many years. I try to explain it to my doctor and he just gives me Dramamine...Thats not spelled right, please for give my spelling it sucks.

Even as a kid I had motion sickness really bad, but I could ride a bike and swing on a swingset.

In my 20's I did have a really bad brain injury, I wonder if the two are related? I was in acoma for about 1 month from brain swelling, it was medically induced. Motorcyle accident and no helmet. 130 mph 400 feet down the road on my face. Broke my back....It was all my fault no one else to blame but me. I deserve whatever happens today from this if this is the problem.....
I won't diagnose over the net, too many variables, but still I think it may be worth your while to see an otolaryngologist, or neurologist.

I won't diagnose over the net, too many variables, but still I think it may be worth your while to see an otolaryngologist, or neurologist.

Again thank you Douglas I will be doing this, I will post what the results are if any.....

I was not sure if this was worth bringing up. When I rode that recumbent trike and had a headache I knew this can not be right.

If setting at a train track and a train is going by..I get sick..I can not stare at the train right in front of me, I must watch it coming or going, If I stare straight ahead as the train is going by..I get sick. I have never been able to look at a train as it goes by even as a young child.

I believe its getting worse, I will have this checked before I fly again.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back