Motion Based Video

OtisAir

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
OtisAir
Here is a video of my track from Wings Field to Kentmorr Airpark and back using the "beta" portion of Motion Based.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/6134614

Has anyone joined their program, and if so what tools are they making available to you? Thanks in advance.

ps. To do this track, all I did was wear my Garmin 205 Forerunner. After the flight, I uploaded the track to Motion Based and it did the rest. I like the fact that it records your speed and altitude as well. NICE :goofy:

Before pressing the play button, I set it up using a LARGE screen on Satelite view and zoom to the 6th mark (from the top), set the speed to 2X and also check the PAN box in the lower left corner.

I hope it works for you as it's a fun way to review your flight. I've seen a couple of other post their tracks using other tools and thought that this is pretty cool as well.

Thanks and have a safe flight!

That's a cool site! Neat track. Even more interesting when I started paying attention to the altitude box! You flew down those waterways / rivers pretty low... think I saw 19 feet at one point! Have fun!? What were you flying??

That's cool but it looks like you parked in my parking spot lol

Yeah, zooming in at the end and watching him walk around his airplane and tie it down was pretty cool. Nice level of detail.

Would I be right if I guessed that the Elevation is relative to your starting elevation?

And might I point out that you were a little to the left of the center line? Of course, that may just be because you had the tracker on your person, and you were on the left side of the plane! Awesome!

Last edited:
Wow,,... pretty cool.

Hey Bob,.. he did take your spot! That must have been before you returned and parked crooked :rofl:

Fun---it is impressive that you know that much river that well to be comfortable doing that.

Would I be right if I guessed that the Elevation is relative to your starting elevation?
Nope. That looks like MSL to my eyes.

Last edited:
Lots of preflight, plus I've been in those sections of the river numerous times.

I thought the website showing the tracks were pretty cool. I'm flying up and back to Northwestern NY (Alfred University) tonight after work but, as I don't know the terrain so well, the flight will be up @ 6000 filing IFR. I'll record it as well.

While I can't tonight, if you ever want someone to ride along and help right seat, I'd be glad to if the wife and schedule would let me.... Have a good flight, looks like another great day for flying!

Hey Rob

Count on it! Tonight I had Beth and one more pax with me but I'll definitely let you know when and we'll get airborne! The ride was smoooooooth...
I forgot and left my GPS on my car seat though so I didn't record it but flightaware should have it.

Most interesting! So must one use a 305 or other unit, or will my iPAQ 2295 with AnyWhere Map work? (I'm betting not.)

I think anything that you can download the saved track data off of will work. I have a couple of different running garmins (201 and 205) and I can download the data off of it. They are cheap on Ebay to buy. Take a look at the motion based website (I have absolutely no connection with them) but I like the cool service they offer free.

I did forget to bring my GPS with me on my flight to Alfred NY, but got a chance to take a couple of nice photo's on the way back.

Sunset Over Pottstown Limerick Nuke Plant:

Base Turn To Final Rwy 24 @ Wings:

Short Final Rwy 24 Wings:

Goodness Gracious I Love This Flying Stuff!

See ya'll at the NorthEast Flyers Lunch Tomorrow at Greenwood Lake (4N1) 10:00 am TOT

That's really neat. I just saw a commercial for something similar and was curious if it'd work. Now i know it does. Yippie!

Love that shot on short final... I'll have to get my wife to take on like that next time I'm up.

Did you track your flight to Greenwood lake?

Back