mothers day flying? The Pig is ON!

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
anyone in the southeast not doing mothers day stuff and thinking about flying somewhere? I'm wondering if a lunch trip to N Myrtle or maybe The Pig is in order. was also considering Calhouns in knoxville but for this weekend I think of the three choices mentioned that would be my 3rd choice.

was also considering Calhouns in knoxville but for this weekend I think of the three choices mentioned that would be my 3rd choice.
Got a lunch planned with the family or else I'd definitely be down to come meet you at DKX. Is that BBQ joint pretty good?

Got a lunch planned with the family or else I'd definitely be down to come meet you at DKX. Is that BBQ joint pretty good?

I actually haven't been there yet. @Cajun_Flyer was there recently, I was hoping to meet her out there but I couldn't do it, I think she gave the place 2 monkey-thumbs-up. I think my preference would be to go there on a saturday than a mothers day sunday but I'm not opposed to it.

I actually haven't been there yet. @Cajun_Flyer was there recently, I was hoping to meet her out there but I couldn't do it, I think she gave the place 2 monkey-thumbs-up. I think my preference would be to go there on a saturday than a mothers day sunday but I'm not opposed to it.
Oh ok. Looked at some photos of it on Google and it looks like a winner. @Cajun_Flyer what's the BBQ sauce and slaw like?

Wx might be questionable tomorrow, I'll put it on my list of places to hit.

Oh ok. Looked at some photos of it on Google and it looks like a winner. @Cajun_Flyer what's the BBQ sauce and slaw like?

Wx might be questionable tomorrow, I'll put it on list of places to hit.

wx is def looking questionable for tom'w which is why I suggested sunday. I like the look of the place because they got bbq, are right on the river, and located pretty darned close to downtown island.

wx is def looking questionable for tom'w which is why I suggested sunday. I like the look of the place because they got bbq, are right on the river, and located pretty darned close to downtown island.
Yea totally. I have a get together for lunch on Sunday so I'll be out for then. :(

If you end up making it, let me know how it is!

I've eaten there dozens of times over the years... consistently good food. Nice to sit outside if you can, or at least by the big windows overlooking the river.

I've been watching this for responses... I'm in for a trip to the pig, but if its just you and me, we might as well just drive to Sonny's BBQ...

I'll be flying but it will be to KTTA to meet the family for Mother's Day. Might be some afternoon shenanigans around 8A7 if you care to stop in.

I'm taking my wife on a Wings-over-Kauai trip. I fly, the instructor handles the radios and looks for traffic while he narrates the trip and my wife is in back. An hour trip goes for $286.

anyone in the southeast not doing mothers day stuff and thinking about flying somewhere? I'm wondering if a lunch trip to N Myrtle or maybe The Pig is in order. was also considering Calhouns in knoxville but for this weekend I think of the three choices mentioned that would be my 3rd choice.

Sorry, I only fly for training purposes....

anyone in the southeast not doing mothers day stuff and thinking about flying somewhere?
How about us who (though not southeast) WERE doing Mothers' Day AND flew?
Thas right, took the MIL up for her first flight in a little airplane. Sunset cruise over the lake and downtown. Very calm, very nice. Not too hot. Everybody enjoyed themselves (including me) and I greased the landing on return. :)

And the fun part was that the MIL said earlier (with concert in her voice) "I don't want to make you fly". No worries, she didn't make me fly. I was, of course, happy to have an excuse to go up! :D

So how did y'all's pig turn out?

How about us who (though not southeast) WERE doing Mothers' Day AND flew?
Thas right, took the MIL up for her first flight in a little airplane. Sunset cruise over the lake and downtown. Very calm, very nice. Not too hot. Everybody enjoyed themselves (including me) and I greased the landing on return. :)

And the fun part was that the MIL said earlier (with concert in her voice) "I don't want to make you fly". No worries, she didn't make me fly. I was, of course, happy to have an excuse to go up! :D

So how did y'all's pig turn out?

Pig was rockin' on Sunday. I flew the t-tail lance in there, so although I now know I can land the t-tail beast on a 2500' strip and make the first turnoff (<1400') I did it by slamming that puppy onto the runway. it wasn't pretty, but in reality it was a true short field landing, which I don't normally do even on what most people consider a short field. food was so darn tasty. coupl'a lil mommies floating around.

coupl'a lil mommies floating around.

prior to that comment, you (subliminally) used the words:
rockin'
tail
strip
slamming
tasty

also used the words:
Pig
turnoff

and the word short, but you get a mulligan on that...just one though. You used it twice. sooooo....

prior to that comment, you (subliminally) used the words:
rockin'
tail
strip
slamming
tasty

also used the words:
Pig
turnoff

and the word short, but you get a mulligan on that...just one though. You used it twice. sooooo....

lol good catch!

all of those words, when used solely by eman1200 on PoA, are bannable offenses. I mean, for obvious reasons. no wait, sorry, not obvious at all.

lol good catch!

all of those words, when used solely by eman1200 on PoA, are bannable offenses. I mean, for obvious reasons. no wait, sorry, not obvious at all.
What's a bananable offense?

I AM NOT DISLEXIC.

Back