Most unique flight exam I have ever had

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
My medical expired last month and having recently moved I was looking for a new Doctor. I found one about 60 miles away, but he was booked for weeks in advance. A pilot friend told me about the doctor he uses but he is 90 miles away. Well I called his office to make an appointment and was told that "HE" makes those appointments. She took down my name/number and said he would call me back in a few minutes. Well I figured it would be a few days, if at all. Well 10 minutes later the phone rang and it was the Doctor. He ask me how soon I needed it done, because he only had one opening next week. I told him that I was not in a rush and that next week was fine with me. I told him I was going out of town this weekend to see the pilot friend that had recommended him. He then said I might want to fly this weekend and maybe we should do it before I left. He ask if I could stop by his house the next night about 7:30 and he would do it then. Well you can imagine how shocked I was, going to the doctors house at night for a flight exam. Come to find out, he does exams twice a week in his home because of the schedules most pilots keep. By doing this he saved me 80 miles of driving and a couple hours of my time. And the price was only $80.00. :)

Hey Dean, would you give me his name (here or in a PM) in case we need to use somebody different next time? Thanks.

That's pretty good service. My brother was telling me of one he's used
that would come to the airport and do a bunch of them at a time at the
FBO for the guys there. Talk about convenience.

That's pretty good service. My brother was telling me of one he's used
that would come to the airport and do a bunch of them at a time at the
FBO for the guys there. Talk about convenience.
The guy I use does them regularly (weekly?) at O'Hare so the Big Iron guys can get them taken care of, as well as doing them in his office. About $90 a couple of years ago.

But having a Doc do them at his home! Very lucky break for you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back