most pilots I meet are clueless as to proper engine management

What do you do? Did you buy $8K in engine instrumentation, attend courses on how to use it, invest a couple thousand in tuned fuel injectors, analyze data dumps from your engine monitor on fancy software, argue ad nauseum with the peanut gallery on multiple pilot forums.... or just fly the plane like people for the past 70 years have been flying them with great success?

Yes on the analyzer but not necessarily for leaning, more for advanced warning of impending failure while it's still in the inexpensive stages of fixing. Invaluable for the early detection of a leaky valve when some X-66 and lapping compound will fix the problem. Experiment on the injectors, you might find yourself close enough that you can run stock, both mine do just fine with stock injectors. You don't need any fancy software, just a basic understanding of analyzing the raw data, and that information is freely available. You can fly like has been done on your engine by some for 70 years and do a top mid time and overhaul short of TBO, or you can operate like others who learned during WWII from Lindbergh and run LOP getting your engine through to overhaul without burning up a set of valves or two in the process.

Not to mention the sources you site have a vested interest in selling fuel injectors and/or $800 seminars on engine management.
Our LIVE seminars are $995 (not $800), and the ONLINE seminar is $395. Both come with a no-questions asked money-back guarantee. Which, by the way, after more than ten years and several thousand attendees, I'm very pleased to say has never been asked for. And I would know, because I write the checks.

I'd say more, but I haven't explored this site enough to know how much "commercial" traffic is allowed.

Very good thread title, I think.

Best...
John Deakin
Advanced Pilot Seminars

What do you do? Did you buy $8K in engine instrumentation, attend courses on how to use it, invest a couple thousand in tuned fuel injectors, analyze data dumps from your engine monitor on fancy software, argue ad nauseum with the peanut gallery on multiple pilot forums.... or just fly the plane like people for the past 70 years have been flying them with great success?
My, you do love to exaggerate wildly, don't you?

I'd call it $395 for the APS seminar (Special this week, $295), and use the knowledge thereby gained to determine IF you do or do not need GAMIjectors, which start at $795 for one engine. I do not profit from GAMIjectors.

Anyone who does not have an all-cylinder engine monitor on a big-bore engine is foolish in the extreme. Regardless of how they operate, LOP or ROP! Monitors have proven to be the most valuable safety item you can install. They will save your cylinder, your engine, maybe the airplane, and possibly even your life. They WILL pay for themselves rather quickly, often all at once.

Best...
John Deakin
Advanced Pilot Seminars

Yes on the analyzer but not necessarily for leaning, more for advanced warning of impending failure while it's still in the inexpensive stages of fixing. Invaluable for the early detection of a leaky valve when some X-66 and lapping compound will fix the problem. Experiment on the injectors, you might find yourself close enough that you can run stock, both mine do just fine with stock injectors. You don't need any fancy software, just a basic understanding of analyzing the raw data, and that information is freely available. You can fly like has been done on your engine by some for 70 years and do a top mid time and overhaul short of TBO, or you can operate like others who learned during WWII from Lindbergh and run LOP getting your engine through to overhaul without burning up a set of valves or two in the process.
Bravo! Well said!

Best...
John Deakin
Advanced Pilot Seminars

Welcome to the site, John! Hope you stay.

Let's get ready to rrrrrrrrummmmmmbllllllleeeeeee................:D
:stirpot:

Welcome Sir.
You have a lot of followers and an equal number of skeptics on this board.

I think I remember your buddy that used to hang out on the Piper Owner Society board.

Our LIVE seminars are $995 (not $800), and the ONLINE seminar is $395. Both come with a no-questions asked money-back guarantee. Which, by the way, after more than ten years and several thousand attendees, I'm very pleased to say has never been asked for. And I would know, because I write the checks.

I'd say more, but I haven't explored this site enough to know how much "commercial" traffic is allowed.

Very good thread title, I think.

Best...
John Deakin
Advanced Pilot Seminars
Welcome to PoA John -- it's great to have you here.

Welcome to PoA John -- it's great to have you here.
Thanks!

Would you have any objection to a short announcement about our "special?"

Section?

Best...
John Deakin

I'll ask one question.

If you use the metric system for manifold pressure and Revs per second [or hour] for measurement of engine speed - can you ever run it square? And how does the engine know?

I'll ask one question.

If you use the metric system for manifold pressure and Revs per second [or hour] for measurement of engine speed - can you ever run it square? And how does the engine know?
Beautiful! Can I use that? <grin>

I used to use 30" of MP, and 1800 RPM, LOP (AND ONLY LOP! DO NOT USE THIS WHILE ROP!)

Of course, there is that pesky CMI SB now...

Back