Most expensive jets 09-18

InterXtra

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
InterXtra
Hey guys, we just published this bart chart race with the most expensive planes (priced new) from 2009 to 2018.

Hope you like it!

Tell us about yourself!

Seems more like a list of “expensive jets I like” than” rather than “most expensive business jets”

How about the Cessna jets? Citation X at $20M. Citation Latitude at $17M. Hawker 4000 at $22M?

Seems more like a list of “expensive jets I like” than” rather than “most expensive business jets”

How about the Cessna jets? Citation X at $20M. Citation Latitude at $17M. Hawker 4000 at $22M?
None of those are more expensive than the one at the bottom of his list in 2017, so “most expensive” sounds right to me.

Is the G650 really so much better than the other options, or does it just attract those that want “the best, no matter the cost (look at me, I have money” crowd.

The most expensive jet is this one:
B-2_Spirit_%28cropped%29.jpg

You're welcome.

None of those are more expensive than the one at the bottom of his list in 2017, so “most expensive” sounds right to me.

But the Hawker sold in 2011 for $22.4M, which would have put it 6/7 on the list that year. The Citation X would have been 9th on the list in 2013. Why aren't they on the list while the G280 and Challenger 300 are?

This is also ignoring the BBJs which are >$90M and Airbus Corporate Jets which are >$100M.

But the Hawker sold in 2011 for $22.4M, which would have put it 6/7 on the list that year. The Citation X would have been 9th on the list in 2013. Why aren't they on the list while the G280 and Challenger 300 are?

This is also ignoring the BBJs which are >$90M and Airbus Corporate Jets which are >$100M.
Non of them (Citation X, BBJ of ACJ and similars) are considered Large Cabin Jets. This is a comparative between competitive models

Enviado desde mi SM-N975U1 mediante Tapatalk

Is the G650 really so much better than the other options, or does it just attract those that want “the best, no matter the cost (look at me, I have money” crowd.
It's really long in the tooth at this point. Gulfstream really was the front runner with size and range and speed when it came out but they as far as technologically speaking it wasn't as advanced as the Falcons FBW offering. My understanding is they tried to keep the same type rating as the G550 like Boeing tried to do with the 787 and the 777. They kept the yoke and a lot of similarities but in the end they had to make a new type. My belief is that by doing so, they held back on some advancements that could have made the 650 what the G500/G600/G700 are today.

Back