Most commonly owned twin-engine airplane?

jktuchman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jkt
What do you think is the most commonly owned twin-engine for personal use? (either for business or for fun)

there are more barons flying in private hands than any other piston twin

But, he didn't say specify piston. Which are there more of: Barons or King Airs?

Have to define Personal.. Part 91, or owned by something other than a Corporation or LLC?

I'd say the Cessna 310 ,I owned a beech travel air and loved it.

A lot of BE-60's are owner flown.

Over 9000 Beech 18s built. Many still flying. Quite a few show up at osh. And sun-fun.

Oh yeah, more out there flying freight than fun though. I would imagine that now there are more Barons or 310s flying for private use than BE-18s.

Not very scientific, but controller currently has 45 310's listed and 153 Baron's leading me to believe the Baron is held in private hands in much higher #'s.

Eggman

Not very scientific, but controller currently has 45 310's listed and 153 Baron's leading me to believe the Baron is held in private hands in much higher #'s.

Eggman

Could be, or could be more Baron owners are selling for whatever reason. Maybe a registration search will give better information since the ones that have been totaled and abandoned will be off the count.

Could be, or could be more Baron owners are selling for whatever reason. Maybe a registration search will give better information since the ones that have been totaled and abandoned will be off the count.

My guess is that there are more airworthy barons in existence today than 310s.

My guess is that there are more airworthy barons in existence today than 310s.

Running a little exercise over on aviationdb.com yields -

3291 C310's

2470 B58's
2197 B55's - although I believe this would include some Travel Air's also.

Eggman

I don't believe it's the Be 60.....hands down Baron's.

change the question from "owned" to "owned and flying" and it won't be close at all

I think it's still close if you delineate those on the 95- series (Travelair, 55 & 56 Barons) and the 58 series. There are still a lot of 310s flying. I would guess that if you split the Barons the 310 will win, if you count all the Barons together, the Barons will win.

Back