Mosquito Helicopter thoughts?

I filed it in the "Nice to have if I ever had a big Ranch or Farm" category. Pretty impractical for me otherwise - it's not like you could go airport to airport and get two cycle gas.

I used to carry two stroke scooters in the plane. You can't get "two cycle" gas anywhere in the US (unlike in Europe where you'll find Miscela pumps that mix the olio into your benzina for you). I carry 2 stroke oil with me. At the ratios involved, you can carry enough for many gallons in a small space.

My neighbor had a turbine helicycle. He used to fly it around for fun. Problem for him (ex-Viet Nam helicopter pilot): one seat, no range. It was fun to tool around the airpark, but now he's building an AIRPLANE that he and his wife can actually go somewhere in.

I saw a few videos of the helicycle. Looks like a helicopter to me. I think it would be fine if someone who really knew what they were doing was taking care of the maintenance.

We have 2 stroke scooters that get run the hell out of during Airventure for two weeks, are serviced, and put away for the other 50 months of the year....

What planet is this on? :)

Ron Wanttaja

I used to carry two stroke scooters in the plane. You can't get "two cycle" gas anywhere in the US (unlike in Europe where you'll find Miscela pumps that mix the olio into your benzina for you). I carry 2 stroke oil with me. At the ratios involved, you can carry enough for many gallons in a small space.

Yeah but you're not gonna mix that with 100LL and expect that Mosquito engine to be happy with that.

Back