Morris, IL Restaurant Closed

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Just got back from Morris and the restaurant has been closed by Dept of Health. Owners have no intent to reopen due the level and cost of repairs needed.:(

Awwww, man! :mad:

Does the Chicago City Council have THAT kind of reach????!!!!

I heard today while breakfasting at Charlies @ 1C5 that they were closed, but not that they had no intention of reopening! How solid is that information? I always liked that restaurant! (Maybe I shouldn't have?:hairraise:)

Grant, a local pilot we were talking to said that it would probably be open again in two to three weeks, but the lady we met inside the restaurant said they wouldn't be reopening. She said the amount of work, and the related expense, required for the repairs/modifications to the building was just too great.

Maybe someone else will pick it up.

I talked to Bill @ Morris today (one of the FBO Guys) and he said the restaurant should be reopened. Evidently, another local eatery is going to reopen the old "CAFE," called Ebbey George's. The menu is supposed to be similiar to the one in town -- breakfast to burgers.

CardinalTom said:
I talked to Bill @ Morris today (one of the FBO Guys) and he said the restaurant should be reopened. Evidently, another local eatery is going to reopen the old "CAFE," called Ebbey George's. The menu is supposed to be similiar to the one in town -- breakfast to burgers.

Is there an ETO (Estimated Time of Opening?).:yes:

Okay, I saw an ad for them at the recent Aviation Expo 2007. The Cabaret Cafe has re-opened, BUT NOT AT THE FIELD! They're now at the Holiday Inn about two miles away. They say that if you call them, they'll pick you up at the field. Unfortunately, I don't have their number handy, and the manager(?) at Morris didn't even know that they'd pick you up there. I'll post the phone number when I get it.

I drive by there often (every time I go to Indianapolis). Every time I slow down to check if its re-opened. I wonder if/when the onfield will open.

I drive by there often (every time I go to Indianapolis). Every time I slow down to check if its re-opened. I wonder if/when the onfield will open.
Well, thanks for the reminder. Here's the text from their ad in the program from Aviation Expo 2007 IFR/VFR Safety Seminar.

Fly to Morris Airport to visit
(815) 942-2414 (815) 735-2600
Cafe
Cabaret

FAMOUS "Culinary" BUFFET

Formerly at the Morris Airport
Now located at the Holiday Inn
2 Miles South of the Airport
Call for a ride and
We will come pick you up
Cars are also available at the airport

Love to see you all again!
Marta & Jean

Custom catering available too!

It doesn't sound to me as if they have any intention of going back to the airport location, but you could call and confirm.

It doesn't sound to me as if they have any intention of going back to the airport location, but you could call and confirm.

Yeah, I think that's what I indicated in my initial post when I met them that day.

Everybody was wondering if someone else would open there. It would be interesting to find out exactly what the issue was and the expense involved. Maybe we could get a bunch of pilots to fly in like a "Habitats for Humanity" effort!

:yes: I don't go back and read my old posts. I have a tough enough time keeping up with the new ones!:D

Okay, I saw an ad for them at the recent Aviation Expo 2007. The Cabaret Cafe has re-opened, BUT NOT AT THE FIELD! They're now at the Holiday Inn about two miles away. They say that if you call them, they'll pick you up at the field. Unfortunately, I don't have their number handy, and the manager(?) at Morris didn't even know that they'd pick you up there. I'll post the phone number when I get it.

The food there was good but the service was darn slow. I would really not want to depend on them to drive me to and from the airport. If their pick up service worked like their restaurant service it could take hours to wait for the vehicle.

What happened to the guy who was going to put the hamburger place at the airport?

Back