More shots fired. Massive response outside

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I decided to catch a few hours of sleep before work tonight. I was woken up by what sounded like machine gun firing. I immediately dropped to the ground again, but this time, there was no screaming.

Within minutes, I heard sirens, and I grabbed my video camera and headed outside. This time, the shots were next door, across the street. There were about 5 firetrucks at one point, massive amounts of police, etc.

At one point, a HazMat truck and a Heavy Rescue truck appeared. The video is processing and will be up shortly.

Its much nicer not having the bullets come into my living room.

HazMat... Interesting. Ya got a meth lab out there?

I'd lend you my vest for those bullets, but its a bit small on me these days.

And the video. I swore a few times, so anyone not liking the f word shouldn't listen.

Attachments

• ABQPolice.wmv
    5.7 MB · Views: 188
Nick...Can you live with your parents for a while. I know you hate it, but I would much rather you hate it and live than to hate it and die.

CapeCodJay said:
Nick man how long til you're outta there?!?!
Not soon enough.

Nick, you really must make alternate living arrangements. That's one heck of a weight loss program you have there.

Nick's new job could be a ride along with the albuquerque police for the next "COPS" segment.
A new career in the making....
Man, you gotta find a better neighborhood.

Nick. If I lived in that neighborhood, I'd have to install a Browning M2 for protection. Jeez, get a Ma Deuce now! :hairraise:

Not a clue. I didn't want to interfere with the police and firefighters there, so I didn't ask. All I know is that I heard a rapid fire gun (or could be small explosions) and the fire department and cops came soon thereafter.

My guess is that it was drug related somehow.

Well Nick for what It's worth I kinda got the impression In speaking with Alon that Gaza might be safer than your neighborhood. :rolleyes:

SkyHog said:
I decided to catch a few hours of sleep before work tonight. I was woken up by what sounded like machine gun firing.

Nick,

Quit piddling around with your camera and crawling on the floor.

FLEE NOW!!!

When you said Haz-Mat my first thought was Meth-Lab, lol ;)

inav8r said:
When you said Haz-Mat my first thought was Meth-Lab, lol ;)
Nah. They have to handle the removal of the large quantity of lead. :rolleyes:

My guess is that when police, fire and EMS roll on a call in that particular area of town, it's standard practice to send the big guys into the area, just in case. Better to have the crew be 30 seconds away than 10 minutes MORE.
Nick does have some interesting stories to tell, though. Do we see a book in the future?

HAHA, a book about how much Albuquerque sucks. I like it. I drove by the scene today, and there is nothing that would indicate meth lab. Usually, when there's a meth lab, for days afterwards there is police tape around the building. There's no police tape at all, which also wouldn't indicate drive by.

I dunno.

Lemme see if I got this straight -- you're in your house, you hear gunfire outside, none of it is coming in, so you grab a videocam and run out? Ummm....let's just say that's not exactly my idea of real good judgement.

Ron Levy said:
Lemme see if I got this straight -- you're in your house, you hear gunfire outside, none of it is coming in, so you grab a videocam and run out? Ummm....let's just say that's not exactly my idea of real good judgement.
Once you have firetrucks and ambulances on scene it's usually pretty safe. Not many EMT crews that I have ever spoken to are willing to jump into a gun battle. In fact in the county that I lived in previously they would standby at a distance at least out of sight until even something as little as a bar fight was under control and safe. They aren't about to get their heads blown off to stitch a gangster back together.

Last edited:
Can't get rida the stink when you live downwind from a pig pen Nick! You gotta find a way to find a home where it's not a free fire zone.

Best,

Dave

Dude I feel your pain. On Monday, across the street and around the corner from me two people were murdered in their house. No signs of a strugle nor break in and each was done with a single shot to the back of the head. The two people were in their 60's, married, and the husband was an union official with a union that had just filled for bankruptcy. Police have no suspects.

Ron Levy said:

meh, I wasn't worried at that point. Once the gunfire stopped and the sirens started, I knew it was pretty much over.

There's no chance than even the stupid people here in Albuquerque would stick around after a crime was committed when sirens start ringing out.

Just be careful they don't bust you! You always seem to show up where there's trouble. And we're not the only ones noticing it.....

Richard said:
Chicago area...union....hmmm, I got a suspect.

The feds have been called in.

Nick and Gloria Romano were both killed from gunshot wounds to the back of the head, McHenry County Coroner Marlene Lantz said Tuesday following autopsies.

Police said preliminary evidence does not indicate that anyone broke into or stole anything from the home, at 6206 S. Kilkenny Drive.

Police did not believe the slayings to be a murder-suicide.

http://www.nwherald.com

I think they may need to call Tony S. huh?

Lol Bob. I actually have a bullet-proof vest. What I need are new traumaplates.

smigaldi said:
Dude I feel your pain. On Monday, across the street and around the corner from me two people were murdered in their house. No signs of a strugle nor break in and each was done with a single shot to the back of the head. The two people were in their 60's, married, and the husband was an union official with a union that had just filled for bankruptcy. Police have no suspects.
There was another one - The plumbing contractor who was hit in Park Ridge.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/10373252/detail.html

Da outta town talent musta made a package deal.

Dis is outside da city where da the head of patronage hiring for da city - a public employee paid by taxpayers - proudly took da federal prison time and said he wasn't gonna be a rat.

I think I've heard that kinda talk somewhere. Oh, yeah, The Sopranos.

Last edited:
Michael said:
here ya go Nick...
tramp plates,
http://cgi.ebay.com/WALT-DISNEY-CARTOON-COLLECTOR-PLATE-LADY-AND-THE-TRAMP_W0QQitemZ190051450807QQihZ009QQcategoryZ13843QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

oh, my mistake, i thought you said tramp plates not trauma plates. i was wondering how a tramp plate would help in this situation, but didnt want to second guess you.

LOL - I guess I could get one of those to fit in the pouch on my vest. I dunno how well it'd stop a bullet though....

Only one way to find out. Who's got a gun and a desire to shoot me?

SkyHog said:
LOL - I guess I could get one of those to fit in the pouch on my vest. I dunno how well it'd stop a bullet though....

Only one way to find out. Who's got a gun and a desire to shoot me?

Obviously...... someone in your neighborhood.. !!
Thank goodness the bad a$$ed dummies keep firing, in the wrong direction, and are terrible shots to boot!

And this is Albuquerque ???
I thought it just had to be South Central L.A.

.......ducking along with ya!

I'd even take a motel room, in a better area, if I had to...
But I'd sure the *@#% , get the hell outta there!!!

flyingcheesehead said:
How about we start a fund raiser to get Nick a new place to live instead? :confused:
He's already got so many offers of places to stay to get him out of there. Nick, ACCEPT ONE OF THEM! Mine is still open! Save your own life, man!

gprellwitz said:
Save your own life, man!

Yea. What he said.

My original solution is still valid:
(1) Buy an RV this week
(2) FLEE NOW!!!

Back