More on CBP's war on US pilots traveling to Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We respond that same was too. Look at post 9/11 when over 90% of the people in this country demanded solutions such as the TSA. SIGH!"

I can not recall demanding anything from our government after 911, other than answers. I do not recall one conversation that included establishing a new bureaucracy that would put a huge dampener on our way of life. I don't know anyone who envisioned the security measures that are now in place.

"The Department of Homeland Security", what are we, a bunch of Communists? I can think of few countries in the world that are walling off their borders to the degree we are. North Korea is the only one that seems to come close, yet two American reporters apparently just wandered across, let em try that here.

My problem is that I have lived long enough to remember how things used to be. Younger people think this is how things should be, it's how they are being raised.

This is no longer The United States of America, it's now "The Homeland." I reckon it does not matter much what it is called anymore. It is now one of the most secure, safest, countries on the planet. I guess this is what most of us want. Remembering old freedoms and privileges does little good in a changing world.

I guess my gripe is that it seems like every month, security laws and regulations just keep getting tighter and tighter, and few seem interested, or even care.

John

But haven't you heard. It's well-meaning, harmless people, and it's all for your own good.

Yep - Just like how many people are more afraid of getting on an airliner than they are of hopping in a car with a ****ty driver.

Hey, like I said, fair enough. I reserve the right to call both those things what I think they are, though: Bat**** crazy. ;) :D

Not really.

I'm sure WW2 Infantrymen were "afraid" of the SS.

But the GIs still won.

But that was a conventional war, with guns.

The terrorists don't want to *kill* all of us (well, maybe they do, but they know it's not feasible). They want us to be *afraid* of them, hence the name *TERROR*ist. You can be afraid of the SS man, but when you shoot him, you win. When you're afraid of a terrorist, his mission has been accomplished - And even if you shoot him (or he blows himself up), his mission is accomplished when you are afraid of the next terrorist.

The terrorists killed a few thousand of us, but they got hundreds of millions to be afraid of them, and to give up freedoms in the name of security, and be suspicious of each other. I'm sure they're still laughing... :frown2:

OK, this thread has moved way into Spin Zone territory. It wasn't intended to be, but it's ended up so far off the mark that it's time to close it.

You wanna continue to argue? Start a new thread in Spin.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back